Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2012 Detail - Finally got 'er done!

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
I normally try to give Cinnamon Girl the complete Zaino treatment every year around April or May to get her ready for Summer Cruisin' - and to show her off just a little. Because of worsening back problems, I knew I just wouldn't be able to do the job myself this year. Luckily I've got some of the neatest, most hardworking kids in the world as nieces and nephews. And I'm blessed because they must love me as much as I love them.

We started on her yesterday, but we had to stop because a thunderstorm blew up pretty fast and looked as though it was going to stay around the rest of the afternoon. Thank goodness we'd finished with the claybar and washed and dried her, but we hadn't started with the polish step yet.

I went back this morning early and we started again. Of course, since it had rained, we had to wash and dry her again, then we began polishing and buffing. We applied one coat of Show Car Polish, followed that with a coat of Finishing Spray and last, we applied the Zaino CS (Clear Seal).

Finally exhausted but happy, we had Cinnamon Girl spruced up the way she should be!
Thought I'd share a few pix.

:wJane Ann

attachment.php

attachment.php

The car looks BEAUTIFUL, Jane Ann!!!! Great job!

Elaine

It's a right purty car.

Very sweet Jane Ann. :thumb

Nice!!!!

Thanks everyone! But I can't take the credit; the kids worked really hard and did an outstanding job.
Oh... we finished... and I drove her home and parked just in time for a downpour. :eyerole

At least now it will clean up a lot easier.:L

:w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom