Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

2014 Corvette to Use Aisin Eight-Speed Auto Before GM's 8A Arrives

Corvette
2012 💯 4LT GS Roadster
2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-rendering-front-three-quarter-view.jpg

We expect the longitudinal eight-speed will debut at the Detroit auto show in the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette.

www.motortrend.com

So, who wants to buy a first year Corvette with a 1-year only, 1-off Japanese automatic transmission Corvette that will be replaced by GM automatic transmission in 2015?

I might want the tried and tested first year transmission versus the brand new GM unit in the second year. Good for GM for not rushing the new unit to meet the intro for the C7. That almost never goes well.

GM did that before, using a one year Opel V6 in the 2003 Caddy CTS because the house unit wasn't ready. It turned out to be pretty reliable, and most folks didn't know it was a German import. It WAS a bitch getting cartridge oil filters for it.

HI there,

There are too many factors here.

EPA mileage testing, powertrain development, validation of design and not to mention EMISSIONS validation of the driveline.

Did it ever occur to the people at Autoweek or Motortrend that they can easily install the GM 8 speed automatic and NOT tell anyone for the show cars ????

Aisin has been used by GM in many other models, including Camaro and Equinox. BUT, they were only in lower torque applications, NEVER backing a small block engine.

That being said, remember 2005 with a 4L65 for the first year and then 2006 with the 6L80??

It can happen, but I highly doubt an Aisin that can take small block torque without issues.

Allthebest, c4c5

Good news is that the flag on the front is not the new emblem. :w

I don't care what tranny they use. If it has LIPS like that illustration, I ain't buyin'.

Really. That black lipstick makes it look like an even bigger "Ho". In this rendition, the car looks like it was designed by Hot Wheels. And, that's not a compliment.

As to the transmission...I don't know about current Aisin automatics, but I can tell you that the Aisin 5-speed stick that was in my '87 Jeep Wrangler was an Olympic-caliber P.O.S. Just sayin'...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom