Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2016 Manual 7 Speed transmision

vetterjohn

Corvette
78 SA, 84, 92 Red Cp, 92 Yelo Cnv.,16 Lag Blu Cnv
Could someone tell me if the 7 Speed manual transmision has the lock out, so you cannot shift from 1st to 2nd gear? if so, can it be disconected like it was back on the C-4 6 speeds? Thanks for any information. John

Yes, it does.
No, it can't.

OK, Thanks for the reply. I just received a catalog from Corvette Central, and it has listed on page 2, CAGS Skip Shift Eliminator/Bypass. Item#535057 for $17.95. It is in a C7 8 page catalog. Do you think this would work?
Thanks again! John

If you have jacking pucks - you only need to use the rear one on the drivers side. Slide under the rear (tail lights) and reach up on the left side of the transaxle and feel for the weather plug connection. It's somewhat encased in a heat shield wrapping. Connect the Cags switch and you'll never get that annoying, "Shift to 4th gear."
It took me less than 5 minutes once I found the wiring.
Best and least expensive mod I made!🙌
Chris

I have never installed a CAGS bypass like Corvette Central says because I drive my Corvettes with CAGS in a manner that I almost never have the system enable and when it does, I just ignore it.

The biggest complaint I hear is from those who short shift out of first, even when turning left against oncoming traffic. They start their left turn, then do their usual short shift and get fourth. At the same time they notice oncoming traffic is closer than they thought and decide to accelerate to get out of the intersection quickly. Of course, they are in fourth gear rather than second and, with oncoming traffic, the slow acceleration is, understandably, unnerving. I never shift during a left turn.

That said, if a bypass is what you need, with all Corvettes after 1995, CAGS became a monitored system for OBD2 diagnostics so can't just unplug the CAGS solenoid like you could on 89-95. Your only choice is to install one of those gizmos that fools the ECM into thinking the solenoid is there or to have a tuner disable CAGS in the ECM calibration.

Reply to 2016 Manual 7 Speed transmision

OK, and thanks to all for the replies. I assume that the CAGS gismo/switch or connector is what is available at Corvette Central, right? Thanks again! John

Last edited:
OK, and thanks to all for the replies. I assume that the CAGS gismo/switch or connector is what is available at Corvette Central, right? Thanks again! John

Corvette Central and other sell them.

The vendor I'd use is CAC sponsor, Zip Products.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom