Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 2016 Z06 Exhaust Sound

jefflohss00

Corvette
2016 Z06 laguna blue
l leave my 2016 Z06 exhaust note set on TRACK mode (the loudest) all of the time. I am looking for a way to make the exhaust sound more agressive than the factory settings without replacing the entire exhaust system. Any ideas?

I H8"tD Maz

l leave my 2016 Z06 exhaust note set on TRACK mode (the loudest) all of the time. I am looking for a way to make the exhaust sound more agressive than the factory settings without replacing the entire exhaust system. Any ideas?[/QUOT
I put two {2} baseball cards in the spokes .........................:upthumbs

With the exhaust controller in track mode, you cannot make the car any louder as long as you have stock mufflers on the car.

You'll read stuff on the Internet about people cutting open stock mufflers and modifying the internals to make the system louder/more freeflowing but, I would not try that unless you are an advanced DIY with good welding skills and some knowlege of muffler design.

If you want the system louder you could have a exhaust fabricator, remove the mufflers and replace them with pipe, but I doubt you'd like that as not only will the system be louder it will be much louder and likely unpleasent for street use.

You also could remove the second set of cats, but that's illegal in most states and, thus, is for track use only. That will make a noticable increase in loudness and gain a slight amount of performance for track use. Of course, few people would violate the law and drive on the street with a 2-cat system, but if they did the exhaust would be louder but not annoying.

Your best bet is an aftermarket muffler system of which there are many choices from Billy Boat's stuff, which I think is about the loudest aftermarket stuff you can get, to aftermarket systems which are pretty mellow, such as some of Corsa's quieter systems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom