Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

215mph Twin Turbo for sale, check this out!!!

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
Just thought I'd let you know about this incredible car for sale in the UK. Sadly it's not mine! It's for sale from a Corvette dealer in Kent, England called "Claremont Corvette"

I've posted a link to a page on the dealer's site. If anyone has any info on this car perhaps they'd like to post it?

http://data.corvette.co.uk:8080/ecars/corvette/cala.html

The car's up for £39,995 which I think is about $60,000. Don't know if that's good or bad?

P.S. Hope the Callaway reunion went well for those of you lucky enough to go!

HOLY SMOKES!!!!!

Man that thing is baddddddd!!!!
It is interesting to see the diferences in the cars as we sure saw some variations of the Callaway's this past weeeknd.
We had 30+ Callaway's there - everything from a C12 to a LM Street SN to the SN based upon LT1 AND LT5's and of course the Twin Turbo's :) Sorry you could not make it to the reunion :( We had folks come from as far as Australia and in the States, Florida, Utah, Illinois and New England.
Thanks for the link. *89x2* Chris

I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I heard about that car. I was told there was a BAD AZZ Twin Turbo shipped over to the UK. I guess the story is true!!!

:eek :j

I have the article in VETTE that was written about the car....really cool.

Import it back to the U.S. !!!

Wow, the guy's website says it about all.. That car is a one of a kind kick butt machine. I noticed that it's also got the Accel/DFI management system. Verrry nice. Anyone wanna split the costs?

Hey, I wonder who had the extreme pleasure of testing that thing out!

And all that torque comes in at 3500 RPM's! Talk about instant power!

Seeing that car makes me want to put Super Trapps on my ZR-1. I've been wanting to change the exhaust system around on my car for a while and I think I just found the answer:_rock

Jay

Wow!

WOW! That sounds like a truly incredible car ----------->
ZOOM ZOOM

--The Fiddler-

You want to know what I noticed about this car? There's some not so obvious changes with the Aerobody front nose due to the way the photo was taken. Being the crazy Vettenut that I am, I blew the photo up of the car that is taken with it on a 45 degree angle and it's now a screensaver.

It's noticeable that the nose does not have the 4 individual nostrils, but only 2 large ones (above the body line). Also, the "mouth" opening (below the body line) is not two separate areas like the standard nose. This nose appears to have one huge opening. The emblem appears to be tucked in there on a very smallish mounting bracket because you can see a fair amount of whatever type of shroud they used to route the air directly to the intercoolers. I'd call it a "behind the nose" air scoop, but I'm sure there's some techno term for it!

I noticed that right away too, Eric. It's pretty interesting because they would likely have had to make a new mold for that modified aerobody front end. It's the only one I've ever seen like it. I'd guess it's a functional change to plumb the air intakes for the front mounted intercoolers? I wonder if they were planning for more like it or changing the look a bit if the TT program continued beyond 1991?

I'd say the openings on the hood are actually the "exhaust" for hot air that has passed through the intercoolers.

Kevin youre right. I have the issue of VETTE that it came out in. Callaway was wanting to offer this package to other TT owners, but the cost was $125k.

re: the nose...the mag doesnt say anything about a new mold, but the exhaust from the intercoolers does come out thru the hood. Supposedly the exiting air rejoins the current air going over the car at the same speed and provides zero intake restriction.

other small things....the raditor in the car lays almost completely flat, something like 25 degrees. It also uses a Saturn A/C compressor b/c it was the smallest most efficient one Callaway could find. The intercooler are Spearco. Max boost is 27lbs.

Josh, you wouldn't happen to have a scanner would you? I'd love to see a copy of that article!

27psi of boost!! :eek I don't think the quoted engine output specs on the web page are for anywhere near that level. That thing should be making around 800-900rwhp+ at that level. It would also need a 2 bar MAP sensor and LOTS of very high octane fuel! I'm sure the Accel DFI can deal with the fuel/timing management much better than the stock ECM with modded chips that we run!

Here's a tidbit for you from Reeves Callaway's talk in Carlisle. He said the first Sledgehammer engine they dyno'ed made 1600hp. They de-tuned it to 1200hp. That was still too much so they de-tuned it a second time to 1100hp. This was largely through cam selection. This beast is much closer to the Sledgehammer in terms of it's configuration (i.e. - front mounted intercoolers, aftermarket engine management, etc.) than our "stock" TT's. I'm sure it's just got amazing potential and is probably highly de-tuned for the street.

No, I don't but I think I can come up with a way to scan that article....stay tuned :beer

Sooo, anybody wanna split the cost of the car and import it back to the U.S.A. ??

Chris ? Kevin ? Pete ? Luigi ? Surfman ? Joe ?

I would but Im tapped at $30k right now (I don't really want to spend that much on my car). I couldn't justify spending that for part time ownership of a car :( or I would in a heartbeat.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom