Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

3 step wax system from Mothers. Had a hard time removing was on last step. please help

Tepot

Corvette
1974 Metalic Blue L-48 Coupe 4 speed
Hi guys,

I"m a good mecanic but when it comes to putting wax on the car I need a little help. I still did an awesome job but damn I've worked hard on removing that last coat of the carnuba wax. Everybody tells me that removing was when it comes to a haze is supposed to be effortless. Well let me say, Mine was a big pain in the ass.

I"ve done the work in my garage. Was humid because it was raining outside but I have a humidex in my garage and it felt not that humid inside with the doors closed. I've used a 10" orbital polisher to apply the wax and a terry cloth to remove the wax.

they say to try the swipe test to see if the wax as dried and ready to be removed. Well me, it looked like it never dryed. I thought maybe wait and then left it for a day with absolutely no change. was a bit easier to remove but not that much. What did a do wrong? did I used to much wax?

Please help because I want to become better at this. I need to know how to proper was the car so it's easy to remove.

Thanks in advance.

Mothers, while high-profile, is just another mass-marketed brand of average car care products.

Adam's Waxes were really good when Adam was small. Now, they're also just another mass-marketed brand.

If you're looking for a true high-end car care finishing product, take a look at C-MAGIC wax. C-MAGIC was started by a Corvette owner and the company is still owned by the same family and it's still run by the original founder.

C-MAGIC is the only car wax used by the National Corvette Museum's delivery program and has been for about six years. In spite of the Museum receiving hundreds of free wax samples annually and a number of offers of large quanties of free car car products, including Adam's and Mothers, NCM continues to buy C-Magic in five-gallon pails. Why? Because Corvettes look so good when waxed with C-Magic.

What do a lot of the engineers on the Corvette Development team use? C-Magic.

It's all I use on my Corvettes...all my cars and my Blazer, for that matter.

take a look at: C-MagicWax.Com - Engineered to Shine

Mothers, while high-profile, is just another mass-marketed brand of average car care products.

Adam's Waxes were really good when Adam was small. Now, they're also just another mass-marketed brand.

If you're looking for a true high-end car care finishing product, take a look at C-MAGIC wax. C-MAGIC was started by a Corvette owner and the company is still owned by the same family and it's still run by the original founder.

C-MAGIC is the only car wax used by the National Corvette Museum's delivery program and has been for about six years. In spite of the Museum receiving hundreds of free wax samples annually and a number of offers of large quanties of free car car products, including Adam's and Mothers, NCM continues to buy C-Magic in five-gallon pails. Why? Because Corvettes look so good when waxed with C-Magic.

What do a lot of the engineers on the Corvette Development team use? C-Magic.

It's all I use on my Corvettes...all my cars and my Blazer, for that matter.

take a look at: C-MagicWax.Com - Engineered to Shine

+1 for C-Magic!!!

I pretty much used whatever was on sale most of my life until I saw a friend's car that used C-Magic. They did the Xperience at the NCM and I could not believe the shine on a red 10-year old car. It's the only thing I use now. Count me as a convert to C-Magic.

Ron
"Baldie88"

I've used Zaino and C-Magic on my Corvettes and find that C-Magic is the best wax I've ever used. Zaino is a very close second and was my favorite until I tried C-Magic. My thanks to Kemit Dye, who owns and developed C-Magic, for spending several hours with me at a Vettes On The Rockies event several years ago. C-Magic is easier to apply and the shine is terrific. Zaino is a little harder to use, but gives a great shine also. I expect, that over time, Kermit will keep improving the product. You can purchase on-line, and at most major Corvette events that Kermit attends. You'll love his product.
Barrett

well maybe the Museum is using Cmagic..but GM just announced that they are now backing Adams products for the Corvette and Camaro. I have been using Adams products for 10 yrs now and they are very good. They are easy to use and consumer friendly. I also have been using Pinnacle Pure Carnuba wax for a longer period of time...it cost more but you do not have to let it haze over, its extremely easy to remove and the shine on a dark color is amazing as long as you do a good prep prior to applying it. I am from the old school so the newer synthetics are not my style, not saying they are bad, just not my cup of tea. I enjoy doing up my car, claybaring, polishing and waxing. So as well it was true that C-Magic was the standard at the Museum I think that might be changing now that Adams has been advertised as the Corvette and Camaro brand of choice by GM...good luck on your choice.

The GM - Adams deal is a cross marketing thing, much like Mobil 1 used to be. I don't think that makes Adams the best thing for the Vette anymore that Mobil 1 was better than any other synthetic. Adams is a good product, but the GM approval doesn't make it any better than it was, or any better than anything else. Adams has become a favorite with Vette owner because it's a really good product, not because GM says so.

July 18th I ordered the C-Magic Exterior Kit..

Great anticipation I received the box July 27 (FedX) Like a kid at Christmas I opened the box to find the Spray Bottle Detail with the spray mech. broken during shipping?? ;shrug

I contacted C-Magic and asked if they would send another spray mech or suggest where to get one. Kermit ever so friendly responded by email they would send one out that day... just over a week now and no applicator..

Now I am looking in the box and I am thinking something is missing... they never sent the foam applicator or the Micro Fiber towel as advertised (Special: Exterior Kit) on their website all for $41.99

Now I know this is small potato's and it really isn't earth shattering, and all items are easily replaced from the dollar store or use an old spray bottle applicator or pour it into another bottle... but when you are retired and have lots of time :D ...

I would just hope a start up company or for that matter any company would do better by their product and customer inquiries... just say'n ;)

Hopefully the wax is as good as advertised and as easy to use ;)

It is almost :L that I am actually sitting here taking the time to write this!!! But REMEMBER I am Retired :D

More to come when I get a cooler day to try this C-Magic out... I will report back :dance
Wax On.... Wax Off...

Bud
:D
:w

July 18th I ordered the C-Magic Exterior Kit..

Great anticipation I received the box July 27 (FedX) Like a kid at Christmas I opened the box to find the Spray Bottle Detail with the spray mech. broken during shipping?? ;shrug

I contacted C-Magic and asked if they would send another spray mech or suggest where to get one. Kermit ever so friendly responded by email they would send one out that day... just over a week now and no applicator..

Now I am looking in the box and I am thinking something is missing... they never sent the foam applicator or the Micro Fiber towel as advertised (Special: Exterior Kit) on their website all for $41.99

Now I know this is small potato's and it really isn't earth shattering, and all items are easily replaced from the dollar store or use an old spray bottle applicator or pour it into another bottle... but when you are retired and have lots of time :D ...

I would just hope a start up company or for that matter any company would do better by their product and customer inquiries... just say'n ;)

Hopefully the wax is as good as advertised and as easy to use ;)

It is almost :L that I am actually sitting here taking the time to write this!!! But REMEMBER I am Retired :D

More to come when I get a cooler day to try this C-Magic out... I will report back :dance
Wax On.... Wax Off...

Bud
:D
:w

Bud, it will be worth the wait. Kermit's product is phenominal; fantastic shine!!! His tire dressing is years ahead of anyother product out there. I've been a C-Magic user or nine years,

I'm guessing fast shipping may not be their strong suit - it took a couple weeks for my order to arrive. I'd guess Kermit's wife is the shipping department, and she's on the road with him a lot. As for the missing items, that's not a good way to retain new customers. I'm thinking ordering from the Corvette Museum is a good way to go.

I received a return email from Kermit :thumb

He is concerned but maybe a bit overwhelmed with orders, and getting things together for the Woodward Cruise. They will have a booth at the Cruise and he thinks things got a bit confused and followup got lost in the shuffle..

I would bet on it ;)

I plan to give RARE the C-Magic treatment this coming week... If I don't have the "Stuff" from C-Magic by midweek, I will just use an old sock to apply it and pour the detail into another bottle. If I read the instructions correctly... wash car use dish soap to remove and clean, then use liquid wax on entire car, then use the Detail to remove wax and polish too..

This would have been a couple hour task a few years ago... now it is more like work and might take an entire day... with naps and all :D

Bud

C-Magic

Gentlemen, It's extremely rare that I post on any site. However, I did want to add a little insight on this. Yoda is correct in that his sprayer replacement request went overlooked. He now has 2 replacements and the M/F he did not report on first contact.

We were not overwhelmed with orders but instead had a short time to prepare for the Corvettes of America's Show, Woodward Dream Cruise, Flint Back to the Bricks, NCM Labor Day Event, and several pallet sized shipments. Our daily shipments are handled by several college students on site! Our ship rate is 89% same/next day - 7/8% are 3 day due to order exceptions (Oh, I meant to order this instead of that) (could you add this) (many other etc.) 1-2% are just entered with wrong address/phone/etc. (you'd really be surprised).

We also make ship mistakes and always rectify them, including having the customer keep the incorrect shipment to try other items while we re-ship. In this case, Yoda's sprayer, damaged in shipment, just got lost in a hectic period for which we apologize (ed)!

Thanks to all for the C-Magic support!! Kermit

:thumb Kermit

As Kermit said, he and his C-Magic company came through with the replacement for the damaged spray attachment in grand style, actually sending 2 spray attachments, and completed the "Kit" with an applicator and M/F Towel :thumb

I still have not got off my butt and taken RARE down to the car wash... nor has ABBY seen daylight in few months :eek ;shrug... as the daytime temps start lowering a bit I will get'r done ...

Welcome Kermit... I sent you a snail mail ;) last week...

Thanks for the follow up. I plead guilty to CRS for not coming back to this thread and updating it... I will do better once I get one of the vettes done..

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

:thumb Kermit

As Kermit said, he and his C-Magic company came through with the replacement for the damaged spray attachment in grand style, actually sending 2 spray attachments, and completed the "Kit" with an applicator and M/F Towel :thumb

I still have not got off my butt and taken RARE down to the car wash... nor has ABBY seen daylight in few months :eek ;shrug... as the daytime temps start lowering a bit I will get'r done ...

Welcome Kermit... I sent you a snail mail ;) last week...

Thanks for the follow up. I plead guilty to CRS for not coming back to this thread and updating it... I will do better once I get one of the vettes done..

Bud Dougherty
Amarillo, TX

I got a 1st place in C6 Corvette Stock at the Midwest Corvette and Chevy Show in Valparaiso Indiana this past weekend with my JS Blue GS. The shine was phenominal!! You really are going to love the results when you get done! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom