Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

4+3 In and now working!

R

Rcpilotlv

I posted a post not to long ago about problems with my overdrive. I pulled it and sent it to 4 speeds by darrel. Got it back the other day and installed it saturday.... Thanks darrel its now working great, I highly recommend them... Rpms are now 1800 at 75 instead of 3000..

The bad news is i picked up a vibration... I think i put the driveshaft in 180 degrees wrong, because i forgot to mark it when i took it off... Maybe the balance is off? Im also going to get my tires rebalanced just to double check everything.. I post back if i find it.... I would also like to thank everyone for helping RC..

Corvette
1986 Convertible Dark Red Metallic
Cool, Glad to hear it's working. I took the drive to Red Rock Canyon and Bonnie Springs today it was great!! Nice to hear your back on the road again.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Rcpilotlv said:
The bad news is i picked up a vibration...

Hmmm... I'm curious about that vibration. I won't have to concern myself with the 4+3 when my new engine goes in this week, but when I did have the transmission work done last year, I noticed a pronounced vibration as well, beginning around 1900 rpm. It is more of a "harmonic" type of vibration rather than something out-of-balance or loose.

Because it also vibrates when in neutral as the revs approach 1900 and beyond, I attributed it to a possible cracked bracket and also a loose bolt on my A/C bracket. Now that you mention having a vibration, I wonder if there is something they should have watched for upon re-assembly on mine.

Please keep us informed as to what you find.

_ken :w

R

Rcpilotlv

All is well, I had the tires road forced balanced and no vibration at all...At 90 mph steady as a rock... kinda wierd how you work on one thing then another totally unrelated pops up! thanks again RC.....

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom