Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

50K Miles and Still Going...

Iroc2Vette

Corvette
2013 Z06 1LZ
People can't believe I've already have over 50,000 miles on the ODO. Mine's a 2013. So far, so good. No problems at all. Just regular wear and tear items. Tires, brakes...

In fact, I drove my neighbor's 2007 Porsche 911 GT3. I had 20Kmi more on mine than he had on his. I thought, damn, this is a PORSCHE. It's going to make my Z feel flimsy and awkward....Nope! In fact, I can't see why that 911 is worth $32-37K over the MSRP of my Z! Maybe $5-10K...It's got a really nice interior and everything is made extremely well... And, when I took it around a 25 mph hairpin turn coming off the highway, the front end started wiping out fast. I was probably driving it wrong...what with the engine in the back...I understand one goes into a turn slowly, then hammer the gas when the car is going straight after the apex of the turn...I prefer the way I can pivot my Z around a turn and it's very easy to get a bit of throttle drift in...But, it is a narrower, nimbler car. It's not nearly as 'width' intimidating as the Z...The Z really isn't for flying down the narrow secondary and tertiary roads in my area...But, the GT3 didn't 'feel' any better in normal driving. And my Z felt just as premium as did the GT3. I was very pleasantly surprised...Especially with the mileage difference...
:beer

My Vette isn't a ZO6 but it has the ZO6 drive train. I've got 45,000+ on my 427 and all is good. Love that LS7!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom