Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! 50th Anniversary Pen Lite Battery Rot!

jwawhite

Corvette
2003 Anny Coupe
Make sure you change out your batteries, AA, regularly or just leave them out. Mine gave way and it was a mess to replace them, I wanted to save the "special" pen lite, i.e. Gold Lettering 50th Anny.....

I removed the battery casing from the housing with a rubber mallet and then tried to remove as much of the batteries (w/o damaging the bulb) with a drill bit. Over to the vice with the casing. I opened the vice just a bit to clear the bulb (just on the crimp) and took a punch to remove the bulb and the bits of left over battery.

Cleaned up the housing, installed the bulb, gave it just a bit of crimp, and placed the casing back into the outer housing. Installed the AA's and wouldn't you know it, it works! I now leave the batteries out and if a light is needed just install.

I tried to contact AdLite but they are rep'ed by a wholesaler who would not give me the time of day hence, clean-up and recovery of the tube. My second resort was to locate another AdLite penlite to cannibalize.....but I opted to clean it up.

That is annoying. If you didn't do so during your clean-up efforts, it's probably prudent to clean the flashlight innards with a baking soda solution. That will effectively neutralize any residual acid from the leaky batteries.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom