Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

59 & 67 on Barrett Jackson

68Roadster

Corvette
'68 White Vert '05 Silverado SS
A beautiful green 67 w/427/435 went for 92k, a 59 is going across right now, 283 FI vert, 87k......

Maybe someday mine will finance my grandkids college education.....these prices are crazy!

68Roadster said:
A beautiful green 67 w/427/435 went for 92k, a 59 is going across right now, 283 FI vert, 87k......

Maybe someday mine will finance my grandkids college education.....these prices are crazy!
those people bidding carry $100,000 around as pocket change so to get that type of money for your car you will have to find those type of people.

Hi Bidder Green Room At Barret Jackson Auction

opden

Im flying to Florida for the April Barrett Jackson Auction. I want to see what the cars look like on the block during the day that we dont see on tv. Im sure they are not the quality of what we see on tv but much lower in price from what they say.

'65 blue 396/425hp coupe goes for 85k......

68Roadster said:
'65 blue 396/425hp coupe goes for 85k......

$200,000.00 67 Vert 427/435 2 tops ...Black Red Stinger:crazy

Viet Nam Vett said:
$200,000.00 67 Vert 427/435 2 tops ...Black Red Stinger:crazy

I'm watchin' VNV...can you believe it?? That was one sweet ride!

68Roadster said:
I'm watchin' VNV...can you believe it?? That was one sweet ride!

Yeah.. but there smoken Crack..!!! Prices are not realistic...But....It's worth what ever someone will pay... Go Figure..

Some of these bidders are sent by people with big bucks just to buy them so they can sit in a museum. Im sure that balck 67 will just sit and never see the road. What a shame!!

Some crazy damn money at this place !!! Some really nice cars too, but just insane money for them. Problem is everybody with a Plain Jane, thrice hit, NOM, hot rod thinks their car is worth AT LEAST half that money. Hell, after seeing this auction I want 60 grand for my POS '59 !! (a '58 just came on the block; guess I'll have to see what it goes for; may have to up my price !)

Bernie O.

JOE BYRNE said:
Some of these bidders are sent by people with big bucks just to buy them so they can sit in a museum. Im sure that balck 67 will just sit and never see the road. What a shame!!

Gotta agree with ya Joe.....I'd be driving that sucka....

Bernie, when you are ready to sell just give 'ol Craig Jackson a call, per the TV show they scour the country for nice vehicles to sell at their auctions, maybe he could hook ya up. If ya hung William Shatners kidney stone from the rearview you could get an additional 25k!

Yeah, pretty much everything ole Capt. Kirk (or is it Admiral ?) touches turns to gold.

The only thing I haven't noticed on this auction is a lot of "sharks" ('68 - '82, or C-3's, never know what to call our cars anymore !) There was a Greenwood earlier, '81 I think, but few and far between. That could be good, because that's what I'm sorta, kinda, half-a**ed looking for these days.

Also makes you wonder what some of the cars on this forum would be worht at this thing. Like, what would 67HEAVEN's car go for ? BIG BIG bucks I would think.

Bernie O

Bernie,
I guess it all depends who is there and what they are looking for....I'm sure some want original as possible and some don't mind a little modification here and there. I'm sure Bob's car would bring a good price, maybe what he has in it but they could never pay for the sweat equity and "love" put into it. Hell I would cry if Bob sold his car.....

It's"Denny Crane" now.....67Heavens car would go for big bucks....but im not sure it would go for what he put into it. Thats the problem with so many of these cars. $200,000 sounds like a bunch of money to me but im not so sure the owner thinks the same. Thats why many of the cars had a reserve on them a few years back.

Bwmurph said:
Some crazy damn money at this place !!! Some really nice cars too, but just insane money for them. Problem is everybody with a Plain Jane, thrice hit, NOM, hot rod thinks their car is worth AT LEAST half that money. Hell, after seeing this auction I want 60 grand for my POS '59 !! (a '58 just came on the block; guess I'll have to see what it goes for; may have to up my price !)

Bernie O.

say what you will about your car Bernie but I love it and would take your car in an instant if I had the $$$ (I think Linda likes yours better than she likes ours!)
:beer

JOE BYRNE said:
$200,000 sounds like a bunch of money to me but im not so sure the owner thinks the same. Thats why many of the cars had a reserve on them a few years back.

many still would have a reserve but I don't believe B-J accepts any "reserve" cars anymore. If they don't sell B-J ised to still charge a fee but it was less than if it had sold and they don't want the time taken up for reduced fees.

BJ Scotsdale is a place to sell cars not purchase them. As with any auction your thinking process is OK I bid 85,000 I am good,then the next guys bids 86,000.00 and the bid helper is screaming in your ear "come on your not going to let this car go for a $1,000.00 are yu,Hit it again youll be driving it in no time"

Now your thinking whats another thousand in the sceam of things he is right,I didnt come all this way to come home empty handed.Next thing you know 20 secounds latter you spent another 15 grand. If I was looking for a high dollar vette the best spot would be at a regional NCRS event right after the judging.A lot of guys once they get to there goal of NCRS judging there ready to move on to another project.

I find this auction to be very entertaining.

One of my doctors will be there on saturday to bring home a Muscle Car as he says " I can afford one now,and what better place then there will all of the nicest cars in the country,and its safe"

So I understand where he is coming from,I explained we could find him anything he wants locally.But he explained he dosent know what he wants.He is going to see what attracts him.He has been to a couple of Muscle car dealers and only found junk. The only Muscle car dealer i have ever been to that didnt have Junk was the place in tarpon springs Florida so I know understand some of the thinking of a person who does go to B-J scottsdale.

I do know the e-bay advertizement will refrence the cars at B-J for the next six months or so.

OK, I've had enuf of this. With all this hype, I now have to sell my cars.

This is a CAC-only sale. For my one-of-a-kind pilot line '66, complete with Zora's initials scratched in the door jamb, it's a steal at $1.2MM. The proper documentation is being prepared, uh.....certified, right now.

Not to worry, I'll deliver it to you and it comes with my standard out of sight guarantee. The roadster is only a small block and since I will need time to restamp the block, I'll let that go for just a mill.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom