Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

60,000 Miles and counting

twiget

Corvette
In the market
I bought my GS on July 28 2000 with 47,325 miles on her. And as of February 28 2001 she has 60,002 miles on the clock. That is 12,677 miles in 7 months. Thats over 1800 miles a month! Actually I put 10,000 miles on her between July and the first of November. Where did I go? I was living in San Jose at the time and a round trip to Reno, and Disney Land, a trip to and from Portland Or, plus one more to move up here. Countless trips to to San Francisco... I spent most of that summer in my car, but when you own a Corvette what better place to spend it?

S

SJRick

Hey, Obvously she was never intended to be a garage queen!
When I got my 86 last year, it had only 37K miles on her. The meter is just about to hit 40K. I know thats only 500 miles a month average. Im about to go on my first real road trip to St George, Utah to see my dad. I cant wait to see what sh will do on thos Nevada highways!

twiget

Corvette
In the market
Good luck on your trip Rick. I've only taken my GS to Nevada that one time I went to Reno. And we definatly enjoyed the road through Lake Tahoe on the way back!

Your right about her not being a garage queen, she's way to pretty and fun to drive to let her sit in the garage.

Jason

G

Gaming Glen

My GS is a pseudo-garage queen (LOL, never heard that term before). Now she has just under 24K miles, all of them put there by me since I got her in Feb '96. 10K was put on in the first year, but that included a 4K+ trip to the Midwest and showing her off at my high school reunion. I think I hear her calling me softly now from the parking lot here at work, cooing "it's such a beautiful day for a drive". (it is, I drove when we went to lunch). Boy, do I love south Florida at this time of the year.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom