Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

60 Fuelie

J60FI

Corvette
1960 Red on Red
How can you tell if the car was originally a fuelie.. without documentation and over time the engine and other parts were changed..

I was told that the fulie had extra "holes" in the firewall and extra brackets..

Can anybody confirm this.

Thanks..

you are looking for 2 holes on the driverside inner fender lip where the air cleaner used to be. Directly ahead of this on the radiator core support there should be an open hole where the fresh air intake hose would have gone. There should not be a plate there evidence or evidence that there ever was one (Like tapped holes where a sheet metal screw would have holded the plate in place). Additionally, the windshield washer hardware would have been on the pass inner fender. If your washer stuff is gone there should still be evidence that it was once there (holes, brackets, etc). Non-FI cars have a dimple on the firewall inboard of the tach cable hole. FI cars have this hole cut out for the tach cable, and no hole in the other location (sorry, this is hard to describe). FI cars have high redline tachs and non-tach drive generators (both easy to fake).

Does the car have FI emblems on the fenders? If not, can you see from the backside if it looks like it once did but they were filled? To me that would be a fairly certain sign--not many fakers would do this one.

THANKS. I will take a look again.. there are two holes in the center of the firewall about 2 inches in diameter overlapping. ther is no plate on the fresh air intake, i will take a closer look to see if there was any evidence of tapped holes. Looks like the tach was changed out.. i will check for evidence of the FI emblems also..

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Joe

Also look up and under the driver's side inner fender (from the outside wheel well) for a small rectangular plate that is rivited to the inner fender. This plate has two threaded holes for the air cleaner support.

G.

THanks. I gues i really do have an ex fuelie.. Now the fun begins.. Going to strt working on getting it back to a Fuel Injected car again..

Really appreciate your help.

Also look up and under the driver's side inner fender (from the outside wheel well) for a small rectangular plate that is rivited to the inner fender. This plate has two threaded holes for the air cleaner support.

G.

Geopar, just noticed that the end of your message was cut off... my vette is a 60.. could this change any thing i am looking for?

G.

Geopar, just noticed that the end of your message was cut off... my vette is a 60.. could this change any thing i am looking for?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom