Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'61 Clutch adj, Ball wear

Driver 61

Corvette
1961 White & Red & 2005 White convtb
My '61 clutch z cross shaft ball has some wear on the frame side. The ball looks like its welled to bracket frame. It's about 1/16" play. What is limits and how is it repaired??

On the adjustments issue, Is free play adjusted first, then spring tension and pedal throw??

Yes, I am reading ST12, 6R-3 however, Its my first time into clutch linkage and the return spring scares me.

Appreciate you help
Aloha
Rich

I'd just grease it well and not worry about it; if it's worn really badly, Paragon sells just the weld-on ball for $7.00. Adjust the clutch linkage swivel on the bottom rod to achieve 1" to 1-1/2" of pedal free play and don't worry about adjusting the "Godzilla spring", as long as it functions properly as a clutch pedal return spring and holds the pedal up against its rubber bumper.

:beer

Thank-you for reply,
John, sorry i didn't get to say hello in NCRS,San Antonio, I am sure you were one of the guys with Red, Master judge cap. I was OJ, under Dave, 61-61 Flight. A wonderful experance, I learned how much I don't know.. Greatest cars I've ever seen, I'll try Bloomingdale, next June.
Aloha Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom