Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'61 Clutch adj, Ball wear

Driver 61

Corvette
1961 White & Red & 2005 White convtb
My '61 clutch z cross shaft ball has some wear on the frame side. The ball looks like its welled to bracket frame. It's about 1/16" play. What is limits and how is it repaired??

On the adjustments issue, Is free play adjusted first, then spring tension and pedal throw??

Yes, I am reading ST12, 6R-3 however, Its my first time into clutch linkage and the return spring scares me.

Appreciate you help
Aloha
Rich

Corvette
'67 Marina Blue Convertible
I'd just grease it well and not worry about it; if it's worn really badly, Paragon sells just the weld-on ball for $7.00. Adjust the clutch linkage swivel on the bottom rod to achieve 1" to 1-1/2" of pedal free play and don't worry about adjusting the "Godzilla spring", as long as it functions properly as a clutch pedal return spring and holds the pedal up against its rubber bumper.

:beer

Driver 61

Corvette
1961 White & Red & 2005 White convtb
Thank-you for reply,
John, sorry i didn't get to say hello in NCRS,San Antonio, I am sure you were one of the guys with Red, Master judge cap. I was OJ, under Dave, 61-61 Flight. A wonderful experance, I learned how much I don't know.. Greatest cars I've ever seen, I'll try Bloomingdale, next June.
Aloha Rich

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom