Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

63 rear window tract

henny496

Corvette
1963 Corvette coupe(pro street)
Hello
I am assembling the doors on my car. I have started to do this about ten times over the past couple of yrs, either put it off or found I needed another pc for the assembly
I had to buy everything and never took the doors apart. I have two(sets) rear window tracts. (will be a large yard sale when I am done this car)
One set has a nut that moves freely on the botom tract in a little brkt, where the other set has the nuts welded in solid
Does it matter which set I use? I have to glue in some felt and don't really want to prep the wrong set
thanks
Tom

I hope this pic is no too big. One set of tracts is lower at the top and longer in the bottom Perhaps conv and coupe, but I don't know which is which

IMG_2020.jpg

I hope this pic is no too big. One set of tracts is lower at the top and longer in the bottom Perhaps conv and coupe, but I don't know which is which

IMG_2020.jpg

Tom: From the top of the photo the third pictured rear run is the one that matches my early 63 coupe rear runs. The nut slides in the track so that you can get some angle adjustment on the window.

Rich:beer

Thanks very much Rich.
I will use that set I did get a few things with the 63 doors, but I cannot remember what it all was
I seem to have doubles of a few things, yet still missing others. I should have the doors together in the next couple of days
I also have to tig weld(w/stainless rod) on a new tab for the pass vent window.I have a new tab and the rivets, but I am unsure how to flare the rivets properly?
I was thinking of just using a center punch to flare it from behind, securely holding the rivet tight to a vise or heavy flat plate
Has anyone done this?
thanks again
Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom