Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

64 intake oil fill tubes

JeffW

Corvette
I have a couple of questions on oil fill tubes. 350 and 375 HP tubes are plated where 250 and 300 HP are painted. The questioin is is there a visible seam on either of these if correct for a 64? I have a 250 one and there is no seam. Looking for a 365 and one is listed on ebay as having a seam????? What is correct??? NCRS judging manual does not discuss any seams.
Thanks, Jeff

I have a couple of questions on oil fill tubes. 350 and 375 HP tubes are plated where 250 and 300 HP are painted. The questioin is is there a visible seam on either of these if correct for a 64? I have a 250 one and there is no seam. Looking for a 365 and one is listed on ebay as having a seam????? What is correct??? NCRS judging manual does not discuss any seams.
Thanks, Jeff

There's a significant cost difference between seamed (electric-welded) and seamless (drawn) tubing, and I doubt that Chevrolet would have paid a premium for seamless drawn tubing for something as mundane as an oil fill tube. I've been an NCRS Master Judge and a Bloomington Gold C2 Certification Judge for many years, and I've never heard this issue come up before. If a piece of seamed (electric-welded) tubing is painted or plated, you can't really see the seam anyway.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom