Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

69 Corvette Headlights

• Thread starter redneck@mich.com
  • Start date
R

redneck@mich.com

I'm new to this forum, but I'm sure this question isn't. I had my headlight vacuum rigged so that they would go up when I pulled the override knob under the dash. I figured that was pretty half assed, so I finally ordered a new vacuum hose kit. I replaced all the vacuum lines for the headlights and wipers and now the headlights don't come up at all, even with the override knob pulled. I'm assuming the headlight actuators and vacuum valve in front are good because they worked before. What does that leave? Only the headlight switch. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks in advance for the help.

Play around with the vacuum connection to the light switch and the override. I had some of the same problems with mine, which turned out to be a reversal of the vacuum connections on the switch and/or override.

I did trial and error. The trick is to get vacuum coming out of the line at every step and then move to the next point where vacuum could be lost.

Is there vacuum coming from the source? If so, hook it to the switch and pull the switch out. Is there vacuum then coming out of the other nipple on the switch. If so, hook that to the override. With the override closed there should be vacuum coming out the other side. I also had to play around with the to and from connection to the override to make sure they are conected to the right connection.

Check out this post with an excellent overview of headlight vacuum done by Rare81. http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...?s=&threadid=11982&highlight=headlight+vacuum

Do a search on headlight vacuum and you will find everything you need to solve the problem.

Bob

Thanks for your help. I finally got out there last night, and sure enough, I had the vacuum lines reversed on the headlight switch. As soon as I get a few of the parts I need, I'll be searching out your help on the wipers. Thanks again.

Jim

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom