Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

$7,200 for these rims, Whoa!

*89x2*

From: http://www.webauctionexperts.com/new/listings.asp a listing of rims that sold :eek $7,200 :eek

1988 Corvette Callaway Rims
callaway.JPG

Sold for $7,200.00

on eBay™ May, 2005
You are looking at a rare set of rims. These are 1988 Callaway Corvette rims. There are four rims included in this auction. These wheels have been completely reconditioned professionally and are ready for your tires and to bolt on. These rims were removed from a Callaway Corvette and the car was later sold. Here is your opportunity to obtain the missing rims for your restoration project or survivor.
To provide a performance image-enhancing boost for Corvette, General Motors did something unusual -- it sought help outside the factory gates, in this case from one Reeves Callaway, who'd made a name for himself by force-feeding engines with turbochargers. Callaway had been a promising racing driver in the early seventies with an SCCA Formula Vee championship to his credit and, after a stint as an instructor at the Bob Bondurant performance driving school, began to employ his engineering talents finding ways to boost the output of production cars. The cars he developed for GM and which are known as Callaway Twin Turbo Corvettes were made available as a regular production option (RPOB2K) and more than 500 were built between 1987 and 1991. Among them was one very special version, the 880-hp Callaway SledgeHammer, which ran almost 410 km/h on Ohio's Transportation Research Track.
I am a Corvette collector myself with several cars. I would be happy to personally talk to a potential bidder about the rims or answer any questions you may have. The reserve is a MODEST $1000 for the set. Due to these rims being nearly 10 years old, they are sold strictly as-is-as-shown. Please bid accordingly. Buyer agrees to pay a flat $100 shipping fee (4 boxes) within the lower 48 States. You can also pickup the rims in Franklin, Wisconsin, (near Milwaukee, or about 1.5 hours from Chicago). Good luck.

Chris, your messing my chances to buy more of these cheap :D

The cat has been out of the bag for a while. These wheels are a good indicator of what these cars are going to do, "value wise", in the future.

:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom