Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

700R4 leaks

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
Hi all,
My tranny has been leaking fluid since I got a rebuild a few years ago. It seems to be coming from the torque converter seal area, since there is fluid dripping out the hole in the inspection cover. I have pulled it twice and put new shaft seals in the input and output and it still drips when it sits in the garage and when I jump on it while driving. Up to this point I have just added Dextron but I'm really getting tired of the smell of it slinging onto my exhaust system. I had it on a dyno twice, and guess what? No leak.
Besides the input and output shaft seals and the speedo cable, is there any other realistic place that I should be looking to fix my leak?
Such as front pump gaskets, bolt threads?

Thanks,

Pete, Change the o-ring on your dip stick tube!! Your car set's alot and as the fluid slowly comes down out of torqconverter it raise's up in the tube and leaks around o ring!! I think it is Sucking it in cover hole and just look's like it's leaking there!! ATP make's a condishener that is trhe best I ever Seen!! I'l get you the part # GOOD STuff!!!! :upthumbs junk!!ps Front pump bolt's will leak!!

Thanks Junk!

The original bolts were RTV'd up real good before I got the rebuild. That might just be the thing.
It doesn't look like the dipstick seal is leaking, but then I can't really see up there too well. There's just little drips all over the place along the front of the transmission casting. And it will lose about 2 Qts. during winter storage.

wishuwerehere82 said:
Thanks Junk!

The original bolts were RTV'd up real good before I got the rebuild. That might just be the thing.
It doesn't look like the dipstick seal is leaking, but then I can't really see up there too well. There's just little drips all over the place along the front of the transmission casting. And it will lose about 2 Qts. during winter storage.
I'l bet it's the O ring!! Gm's that set almost alway's leak down ofter a while!!:upthumbs junk!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom