Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'71 pictures

N

nj7000

I'm doing a little work on a '71, and I can't figure out how the weather stripping is supposed to be in the doors. In particular I'm confused about the piece that runs down the windshield pillar and the smaller piece. I can't figure out how it fits in there. Does anyone have a picture of the orientation of the weather stripping (in particular the small piece) just below the windshield pillar? Thanks for helping me out. I appreciate it!

duke94

Corvette
71' convert and 78' both Red
Is it a Coupe or convert? I have a 71' convert and can take pics if that's what you need.

JJS

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
I have a '71 coupe and can take some pics outside as soon as the weather breaks here in the Northeast.

N

nj7000

It's a coupe, but there were a few years that the weatherstrips were the same, at least in the doors, weren't there?

duke94

Corvette
71' convert and 78' both Red
I assume you mean this rather strange looking molding. If not, where from here do you need the pic? The 'U' shape faces up and there is a screw that holds it to the pillar.
Pillarseal2.jpg

Pillarseal1.jpg

Pillarseal.jpg

N

nj7000

Thanks duke94! And thanks for everyone else who jumped in. That's exactly what I needed to see. I've joined CAC a few months after I bought my vette in 2003, and the members here have been nothing but helpful and knowledgeable. It's nice to know there's still a place where people are selfless enough to help someone out without wanting anything in return. I hope I can jump in sometime to lend a little advice like all of you have done for me. Thanks again for helping keep my car on the road!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom