Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

72 Coupe - Alternate Radio

T

taylorj

I am new and have bought my first Vette three months ago. Everything is great except for the sucky factory radio sounds...!

I was wondering what the majority of people have been doing about the stock radio in these cars. I want to keep the original look but do not need a functional dash radio.

I was thinking of buying a radio/CD player and putting it in the storage compartment. I found a company that sells car radio antenna splitters so That if I wanted to I could have both. Maybe play the original with the front speakes and then have a new more powerful radio play some rear speakers.

Does anyone know where one might find a decent priced shaft radio on todays market? I cannot find then anywhere ate Circuit City, Best Buys or HH Greg. I did however found a Audiovox brand cassette/FM stereo radion at Autozone (for $59) bin the event I just opt to replace the dash radio...

V

Valkguy

Have you tried Corvette America? They have several indash replacements. These are AM FM Stereo Cassettes. If I recall, there was one that had an optional 6 changer CD player that is controlled from the dash. They are online.

T

taylorj

Corvette America sure does have those items but I dont really want to spend $600 PLUS!! That is what I am talking about... These post radios are outrageous.

516manny

KENWOOD MAKES A MODEL KRC 2007 THAT FITS.ITS GOT RCA OUT BUT NO CD CONTROLS IT COST ABOUT $100

T

taylorj

Any hints as to who sells the Kenwood you are talking about?

Nut

Corvette
Vette-less for now
Try this site

TaylorJ,

Try Cruchfields. They have a website and are one of the best audio sources for the reasonably priced to the exotically priced. They will have a couple "shaft" radios and appropriate speaker combo's for your '72. I kept "biting the bullet" and repairing the stock radio in my old '72. However once the headers were installed and the tops off........you couldn't hear the radio anyway.:D

I still have the same problem today with my '81. I have a Kenwood model that 1987 Z51 (Ken) mentioned.

Good Luck.......... Nut

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom