Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: '73 Bumper replacement

lagnaf

Corvette
1973 pearl white roadster
I've got a '73 vert and am courious if anyone's run into any problems replacing the front bumper. I ordered a Tru Flex bumper and it simply doesn't fit. There's a good 1 1/2" gap between the bumper and the fiberglass of the front of the car. At issue is the bumper frame structure. It seems to be "in the way" as it were.

Someone told me that they thought I should remove the bumper frame and install the bumper. This isn't something I would like to do.

Anyone run into this same issue? If so... any ideas?

:upthumbs

are you sure you were sent the correct nose for your vette???
I had one on my vette and I didn't have any issues replacing it,even with the
frame structure behind it.

That's a good question. The bumper they sent me was the one that is designed for the '73 and '74 Corvette.

I think what Bill's point is they may have sent you the right shipping box with the wrong bumper. You need to contact whom you got the bumper from and direct your question to them. A 1 1/2" gap is a bunch when it comes to body work.

I think what Bill's point is they may have sent you the right shipping box with the wrong bumper. You need to contact whom you got the bumper from and direct your question to them. A 1 1/2" gap is a bunch when it comes to body work.

Will do. Thanks, fellas. :beer

All aftermarket replacement bumper covers require some form of tweaking for fit. I will agree 1 1/2" is too much and concur with contacting Tru-Flex.
:thumb

If it's not too late, document it with pictures!
Andy

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom