Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

73 LT1, ZR-1 or C5

90 Corvette ZR-1

Corvette
90 Red ZR-1
Yes I know what the answer to this question is before I ask it, so no I don't know why I am asking.
Which car would you pick:
1) ZR-1 not sure of year or color yet, but since I have a 90 already I may look for a 93-95. Prob a 94 or 95 Yellow or Purple car or a admrial blue. All low milage cars. Or I may get a low mile low # 90. Yellow would be nice.

2) a 73 T-Top w/a 70 LT-1 in it. Engine was installed by the dealer when the car was new. I know the guy who has owned it since new. 4 speed 4.11 gears, car will run 12's. Not an NCRS car but would make a damn fine driver and cruzer. Blue car black interior I think. Its been a few months since I saw it. This car has twisted the driveshaft on slicks before. The mechanic said the last car he saw do that to a drive shaft was a big block.

3) or a C5 coupe a nice car for sure, but doesn't really stand out like the others. Sure I could have more fun moding it and not feeling bad, but just missing a Corvette feel to it. Doesn't really excite me. Id have to do too much to it to get it where I want it. So im kinda leaning away from it.

All 3 cars are sticks obviously. The only mods Id HAVE to do to the 73 or the ZR-1 are wheels and tires. Id prob run dr's on the shark and Michlens(sp) on the ZR-1.

As of now its a close race between the ZR-1 (thats a no brainer) and the 73

whatever you go with you can't go wrong its a Vette anyway you look at it.....personally i'd go with 73 since i own a 76, actually i had a choice between 76, 88 or 96 ( althou 96 is was a little over my budget) but went with 76 i just love the look of these cars .......good luck with your decision and hace fun with the car

Kevin, I'm a little biased as I've been intrigued by the ZR-1 since day 1. Like already stated, they're both Corvettes. The good news is you're in a win, win situation. The power is ZR-1 is stunning....I don't think I would be happy with anything else. I'm going to make a copy of this thread in the C3 section to get some other opinions......

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom