Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

77 Sagging Doors

lomcd

Corvette
1977 Stingray/1990 Convert.
This is the first time I've posted so bare with me. Doors on my 77 are sagging and do not close properly. Went to Chevy, got the hinge pins and bushings. Looking at the hinge assy. I am not sure if I have to pull the hinges from the body to replace the pins and bushings or can I pull the door from the hinge and then replace the parts. I have been told that to replace the upper hinge on the drivers side requires pulling the dash. uh.

lomcd,

After removing your door panels you'll find access panels to unbolt your doors from the hinges.
If you were replacing the hinges, then yes you would have to access them under the dash. I'm not sure that you'd have to take the dash out, though it would make it much easier.

They do make a tool to change the spring without removing anything. Check Eklers or any of the larger mail order Vette catalogs.

Rick

I just hand my pass side done a few months ago. They took off the door panels and the are a few blots that hold the inside hinge in place. They had just come louse causing the door to drop down. They said its not usually the pin that goes on these heavy doors. I would check there first.

They more or less just loused the nuts aligned the door and resunged the blots down. Has been great ever since. They best part is they only charged my $20, probably the cheapest thing Ill ever fix on this car !!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom