Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'77 t-tops

C

clarkwood

The passenger side t-top on my '77 does not seem to slide in as far as it should. Also, it rattles a little when driving. I cannot figure out where to tighten or adjust it.

Any suggestions?

See if it is dirty, sometimes dust and #$% gets in there and wont slide as good.
Paul

I just replaced the bushings where the pin goes in on my tops. Rattle gone.............. While doing so I discovered that the rear bushing assembly is adjustable. Loosen the screws slightly, not too much, (as the plate will fall down) then pull down on the assembly and re-tighten. If this doesn't help then you may want to order new bushings and replace the worn ones.

The tongues on the t-tops can be shimmed. If you take a closer look at where they screw in to the top you'll probably notice some shims already in place.....these are mainly for adjusting the height, but can help in reducing rattle. If you have a rattle at the outside, the adjustment is made to the black bumper on the clamps. You'll be surprised to know that sometimes if they are to tight they'll rattle. So, adjust either way to relieve the rattle.

Rick :cool

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom