Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

8 Speed Torque Converter leak down causing 1 - 2 upshift slippage

4 the ride

Corvette
2015 Laguna Blue Z51
My early build 2015 Z51 automatic exhibits a "slipping condition" upon drive away when sitting over night. GM says they are aware of the condition and are in the process of readying a fix. Seems the fluid drains from the TC when sitting and must pump up before drive-away. I performed a test where I started the car in the garage, let it idle in neutral for two minutes prior to shifting into reverse and backing out. Once in drive, no more 1 - 2 slip! Anyone else experience this??

Wow! That's an issue that should have easily showed up during the testing and shake-down of the new transmission. Hmmmm.

Yeah, and mine is a year old, still no fix!

Wow! That's an issue that should have easily showed up during the testing and shake-down of the new transmission. Hmmmm.

I agree, this should have already been addressed. I know I'm not the only one as I have asked others and they too have experience this.

Jim

My early build 2015 Z51 automatic exhibits a "slipping condition" upon drive away when sitting over night. GM says they are aware of the condition and are in the process of readying a fix. Seems the fluid drains from the TC when sitting and must pump up before drive-away. I performed a test where I started the car in the garage, let it idle in neutral for two minutes prior to shifting into reverse and backing out. Once in drive, no more 1 - 2 slip! Anyone else experience this??

I have exactly the same problem with my 2015 non Z51. GM has most recently release bulletin #16-NA-014: Delayed Engagement After Sitting with Engine Off (JAN 21, 2016). I will be scheduling the fix for mine in the next week or so at a dealership in Gilbert Az. It basically adds another ball bearing to restrict the flowdown of torque converter. Mine will be the first fix this dealership is doing. Has anyone had this bulletin accomplished and did it fix the problem? Update: The bulletin was accomplished by a local dealership in Az. and it appears to have fixed the problem.

Last edited:
1-2 upshift slippage

Did you ever get this problem fixed. My 2015 z06 has had the exact same problem ever since I drove it home. It only slips on initial startup.my dealership said the service bulletin 16-NA-014 will not correct initial 1st to 2nd slippage.

Did you ever get this problem fixed. My 2015 z06 has had the exact same problem ever since I drove it home. It only slips on initial startup.my dealership said the service bulletin 16-NA-014 will not correct initial 1st to 2nd slippage.

Yes, I'm curious if this issue was ever resolved as well.

I haven't noticed this issue on my 2016 Z51.

Slipping 8 speed automatic

I have not remedied the problem. Through a series of events I have been unable to return the car to a dealer. I had some help from a contact at the GM Tech. Center in Michigan and he put me in touch with a contact at GM Headquarters in Detroit. He opened a case but before I could act on it I became ill and the car has been in storage since. I hope to proceed in early August and will advise in the forum if and when I do. Please let me know if you find a solution.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom