Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

8 speed trans

Don D

Corvette
2019 super sport
Has anyone had an issue with the shutter of the 8 speed automatic transmission? What I can find out is that a trans flush and Mobil 1 fluid change is the solution?? Is that only a temporary fix and is there a permanent fix? Having the fluid swap This week.

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
What I've read is, that the flush/reload with Mobil 1 fixes the problem. But wonder if that is something that must occur on a regular basis. ;shrug;shrug

John 2003 Vette

Corvette
2016 Arctic White Stingray Coupe
Has anyone had an issue with the shutter of the 8 speed automatic transmission? What I can find out is that a trans flush and Mobil 1 fluid change is the solution?? Is that only a temporary fix and is there a permanent fix? Having the fluid swap This week.
I had the Transmission Flush done on my 2016 Base C7 at 8,227 Miles took care of the shutter. Had my Corvette ins for Brake Fluid & Coolant Flush last week at 36,226 and asked if the Transmission needed a flush & service. Was told that there is an upgraded Mobil 1 transmission fluid and that it would COST $700.00 to do it. WOW is all I can say. Any one experienced this?

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
$700 for a trans flush????? Sounds like a SCREW JOB to me........

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom