Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

84 Bose replace

c4_4me

Corvette
black 1984 4t3 Z-51
Man did I get into it thick this time!!! To fix my bose stereo was going to cost alot, stupid amps! Well I thought what the heck I'll put in a whole new stereo,amp, and speakers. I want the i-pod and cd options as well.
MAN what a mess. I've taken out all the speakers and boxes, my god you have to pull the whole door down to get the speaker box out of the door! Gees this thing has fought me from the get go. I am not new to this as I've done body work for 8 years machinist for 22 years and now I am maint. at a medical device company, I fix stuff tat breaks. So I like to think I have the know how but come on, long are the days gone of cutting holes and mounting and then youor done!!!
I have had the car for several years, recently divorced, and looking for something to do!! WOW thats all I can say.......
Have some motor work to do also. Say havwe another question who makes the tilt front for the c-4 with the l-88 scoop on it? I saw this on e-bay a while back but shipping was huge. Thought maybe if I buy from factory it would be cheaper but haven't found it yet......

Thanks I guess I just needed to vent:bash have been a member for a year or two just haven't posted anything.......

THE DON

Well got almost all the car apart, and I mean all. Will havae to post pics of progress.....

Ron

jpg.gif
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
jpg.gif
jpg.gif

Here are some pics, if you look on the snow blower the speaker on the right came out of the door. This darn thing is hard to get out, you end up taking the whole door apart to get it out! The other 2 came out of the back, not so bad. The trim plate they have comes off and you can mount a 6x9 in there with little trouble. The biggest thing was to get all the trim off with out breaking it. It sure has some flimsey trim and easy to break also. I figure as long as I have the carpet up might as well replace it as yu can see it is stained. I am finally ready to run some wires in the car. it looks to be fairly straight forword from here. Just ALOT of screws and fastners. Will take more pics as I can work on it, my dad and I also have a small machine shop so I am pretty busy.
The speakers and enclosures are very nice and I think only one of the amps doesn't work. the head unit needs a belt for the tape deck as that doesn't work either. When I took apart the passenger door speaker enlcoser apart the thing wasn't even pluged in!!! I don't think it ever was from the factory! Would sell te old system if anyone is interested.

LOL bose

I know right? Hey I will buy passenger side speaker if has good amp. I tracked down just about every electrical ground in the car trying to eliminate engine noise coming out of speakers and now it sounds good 90% of the time. But amp in pass side gone. Your door panels are in great shape!

Do you know how to test? as I don't.;help

word is...you have to put resisters in the wires to simulate the amplifiers or the car will be a little crazy

Have started running wires finally, have decided to make all new speaker mounts rather than modify originals! The last wire I have to run is the power wire for the amp from battery all the way to the back of the car. Having a hard time getting it thru the firewall don't want to cut any new holes..

Ron

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom