Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'86 Vacuum Hose Diagram Needed - where is it in the manual??

hzl6cm

Corvette
1970 Laguna Grey Convert., '04 Z06
Help - I need a vacuum hose diagram for my '86. When I had the small fire under the car in the garage a year ago it melted several vacuum hoses on the left side of the engine. I spent a half hour or so looking through my factory service manual, factory parts manual and Haynes manual for a vacuum hose routing diagram but failed to find one. Does anybody know where it is? Thanks. The diagram on the sticker in the engine compartment only shows the evaporative emission hoses and nothing else.

Kevin

I will see what I can do for ya, let me know if you need some pics of certain areas as well.

Mart

It's on page 9C-4 of the GM Shop Manual.

You guys are great! My biggest concern right now is with what I think is a vacuum check valve (mine is partially melted) located in the back of the engine near the distributor. It has one line coming in to the top from under the air intake plenum and two lines coming off the bottom. One of those two lines goes to a tee, the two branches of which go to the vacuum canister up front and the other goes to the cruise control (it is the smaller line coming from the cruise control). My questions is, where does the other line coming from the bottom of what I think is the vacuum check valve go? From searching this forum it looks as if it goes through the firewall to a brake pedal vacuum switch - if somebody could confirm that it would be great (as 86pacer said I will check page 9C-4 of my shop manual when I get home). The other hose that is melted is the larger hose that comes off the cruise control - I have to track down where that goes. Thanks again for the replies.

hzl6cm said:
You guys are great! My biggest concern right now is with what I think is a vacuum check valve (mine is partially melted) located in the back of the engine near the distributor. It has one line coming in to the top from under the air intake plenum and two lines coming off the bottom. One of those two lines goes to a tee, the two branches of which go to the vacuum canister up front and the other goes to the cruise control (it is the smaller line coming from the cruise control). My questions is, where does the other line coming from the bottom of what I think is the vacuum check valve go? From searching this forum it looks as if it goes through the firewall to a brake pedal vacuum switch - if somebody could confirm that it would be great (as 86pacer said I will check page 9C-4 of my shop manual when I get home). The other hose that is melted is the larger hose that comes off the cruise control - I have to track down where that goes. Thanks again for the replies.

You can pick up an exact replacement check valve at Kragen, Checkers, or what ever it's called in your town. It's hanging on the isle that has the "Help" brand of misc. vaccum fittings, rubber grommets, ect. Cost .75 cents.

The larger of the two hoses from the cruise control servo runs through the firewall by the battery and to the brake pedal release. The routing you mentioned is correct.
The second line (Line C in the pictures) on the back of the check valve runs into the wiring harness behind the motor and I believe is for the AC, as it's not shown in the cruise control diagram.
i77e3s.jpg

i77eyr.jpg

i77f5h.jpg

Line A comes from the right rear corner of the plenum.
Line B goes down towards the driver's side and splits into that "T" you found.
Line C I believe goes to the AC system. It's not for cruise control though cause it's not shown in the cruise diagram.

thanks 86pacer, that is exactly what I needed!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom