Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

87 ABS Problem

Doug 87L98

Corvette
1987 Red Coupe
Before posting this I did a search about my problem and did not find a possible solution

I have a 87 Vette. This past March I installed a line-lock for drag racing. The install went smoothly and the line-lock worked correctly. I also autocross the Vette. While going through an autocross course I make frequent use of the ABS. And the ABS worked fine.

Recently at the drag strip the line-lock locked up and did not release. When I finally got the system to release the ABS light on the dash lights up. The line-lock system works now, but the ABS doesn't.

I thought there might be air in the system so I bled all 4 calipers. Took the Vette out for a test and slammed on the brakes and the ABS kicked in. As soon as I came to a stop and removed my foot from the brake pedal the ABS light came on again. So I bled all 4 calipers again and tried to reapeat my test, but now the ABS light comes on as soon as I pull out into the street.

I don't know what to do next. Any ideas?

I bought my '90 with the ABS light showing. The previous owner was honest enough to admit he'd had it checked and it wasn't the sensors so we knew it was something more serious.
I found a '90 ZR1 ABS computer on E-Bay from an east coast Corvette wrecker and bought it for $40 because for that price it couldn't hurt. Bingo! Life is good sometimes.

good luck

ABS

I have a 1990 L98 Coupe. ABS light is on. I pulled the ABS codes and it says it is the left rear sensor. I pulled sensor and checked it and it is good. Did you pull codes before replacing ABS computer? If so do you remember what codes were set? I would like to chase this problem again when I get time.

Sorry, I can't help you. I didn't pull the codes, I simply changed the computer on speculation because it was cheap enough. For me it worked.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom