Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 anniversary value???

fille9

Corvette
1988 35th Anniversary Edition
I am looking for some idea (ball park) on the value of my 88 anniversary vet, It has 80,000 mile and is in mint condition. I take excellent care of it and spend plenty to keep it running top noch. Hagerty insurance feels the value is 20,000 to 27,000 based on the pictures and info I sent them. Any help apperciated. Phil

I'd say thats VERY wishfull thinking for a car with that much mileage that was only 29K off the showroom floor. :confused I know I wouldnt pay anywhere near that much. I'd think 13K would be reasonable if not generous;shrug Hopefully I'm wrong and there is the right buyer out there!

I agree with archives. $12K - $14K ballpark without seeing the car. If my plain Jane '88 was worth half of what Hagerty feels yours is worth I'd be selling and on my way to C5.

I am looking for some idea (ball park) on the value of my 88 anniversary vet, It has 80,000 mile and is in mint condition. I take excellent care of it and spend plenty to keep it running top noch. Hagerty insurance feels the value is 20,000 to 27,000 based on the pictures and info I sent them. Any help apperciated. Phil

To give you an idea of the going prices, I paid 10k for a near mint 1995 6spd convertable with less miles. The 1988 anniversary was a COOL color combination with a few badges but not much else makes it different from any other L98 vette.

An article in the March 2006 Corvette magazine states that about 2000 were made.

According to the C4 auction prices listed in the magazine

Show Ready 30k
Good 21k
Average 15.9k
TLC 8 K

Just my 2 cents.

I own one and am not looking to sell it. However, the entire C4 market is soft right now. The 35th has a degree of collectibilty in it since it is the lowest production Corvette anniversary car built. They do have a much stronger resale but you have to find the right buyer. With 80k on it the price will be softer probably in the 10-13k range.
One day these cars may pull some stronger numbers. I bought mine 7 years back due to the striking color combination. I wont part with it and with the roof off on a bright sunny day I feel its the most visually striking car.

The insurance company is way, way off. They made over 300,000 c4s, and the value of them will never go up, it's just not a collector car. I don't mean to sound harsh, but the only thing different about an 88 anniversary is the white side moldings, white seats, white wheels, and white steering wheel...that's it. It's not like it has a special engine, or special suspension package, or an aluminum frame, or a supercharged engine or any of that. As much as I love c4s, your car is twenty years old and worth nowhere near $20,000. You could probably get $8,000 for it.

A widget is only worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Sorry.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom