Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

88 DIG. Dash Problem ?

Corvette
1979 Bright Red L-82
Right side of my dash went out.....Lights only.....gauges are working.....Anyone have an answer to put it back on track or know of somewhere that I can send this one in and have it fixed? Thanks in advance......

Note: Ebay has one that is rebuilt and its for sale at 499.00 with no core and waranty comes with it.....

So this is your tach side, right? I would hesitate replacing the whole unit if all you need are some LED's. I read somewhere on this forum about a guy on CAC who will do it for $200. BTW, how many miles did you have on it? Just wondering if mine has been done already or if I have a problem coming in the future...
Were there any advance warning signs, blinking, pulsing etc?
RJS

Good news

My 88 developed the identical problem while at the chevy dealership a couple of months ago while they were working on my steering column. They said the digital cluster had a short and they needed to ship it out to be rebuilt. I could see the instruments on the right side were working but would not lite up. I took my car to a real vette mechanic who has a hi performance shop. He said there are halogen lights behind the cluster. He took the cluster gizmo out and replaced all the lights and the sockets because after 16 yrs they get brittle and the lites will burn out. I know the chevy mechanic probably bumped it when he was fixing the column. He probably did me a favor because they would have gone out the next time I hit a bump anyway. You might be able to put some red & blue strobe lites in your dash. Hope that helps. By the way, I'm in your gang.

Some of the lights have been out.....the right side will come on and off if you hit a bump in the road........92,000 on the miles.......Some of the lights have been out.......

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom