I thought I would start another thread on my "just done" engine project on my 89 for those that have questions or want information. Last summer I finally got my first vette and I will tell you I'm over 50. Rational was I could buy a new one, but for a toy the depreciation thing didn't make good sence and I wanted something to modify to make it my own. So I tumbled on to my 89. Bright Red Coupe - 6 speed - Z51 suspension - 8,500 miles on the odometer! Not my color but equipped with the suspension and trans of choice with out all the potential problems of the adjustable shocks. I wanted an all around nice weather car I could cruise in, take a trip in, run at the drags, run a little autoX. Only major downfall is HORSEPOWER and a brick wall at 4800 rpms. Now understand my dailly work cars have included the 97 Taurus SHO, 90 Shelby IROC with the 224 hp twin cam turbo, Mitsubishi CV4 4WD and 5 speed and others including a 70-1/2 Z28 with close ratio 4 speed and 3.55 rear and a 69 Road Runner with Cold Air Hood, 4 speed, 3.91 rear and manual everything. I love cars, I love good handling, I love a engine that will at least do 6000 rpms and gets out of it's own way. Of course I would never put the "peddle to the metal" and break the speed limit, thus I have never driven a car faster than 145ish. Now to my build up. I don't mean to offend purists by pulling an engine with 10,214 miles on it but I scored a ZZ4 crate engine with only 500-700 miles on it that was partially disassembled for about $1,000. My son the GM tech told me about it after he had double checked everything and did the reassembly with new main bearings and bolts. I decided against pulling the heads again to have them pocket ported as I was trying to keep the project under 20K all said and done. Continue to next post.