Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

90 cruise control relay, where is it???!!!

malc350

Corvette
1996 LT-4 Z51 CE
anyone know? I have no cruise and checked the usual things like fuse, vacuum lines.

It was working before I disconnected the vehicle speed sensor at the transmission. When I reconnected it the cruise wasn't working. So I'm thinking let's check the relay. Only problem is I don't have a clue where it is! I'm guessing it's under the dash panel somewhere? But which relay is it???

:beer

cruise control

Bear with me, I'm gonna quote Chiltons for you:

Cruise control troubleshooting:

Cruise control inoperative = blown fuse, short in the cruise control circuit, faulty brake or clutch switch, leaking vacuum circuit, faulty cruise control switch, faulty stepper motor, faulty transducer, faulty speed sensor, faulty cruise control module.

Just guessing but I would think that you were messing with the speed sensor so something has gone wrong there. the release switch is on the clutch or brake pedal (manual or auto). Cruise control servo is located on the drivers side somewhere above the battery and can be identified by a couple of small vacuum hoses going to it, looks like they are side-by-side.

hope this helps a little.

cured it!

it was a vacuum line come loose under the wiper motor!

That'll do it every time. At least we don't have as many vacuum lines as the Shark generations did, eh? :L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom