Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: 90 zr1 spark wires what brand is best choiche?

italian job

Corvette
1990 zr1
Hi al.
I must replace my old wires, they still are the originals 19 years old.

Original OEM or high performance? What brand? nology? magnecor? accel? msd? :confused high performance wires really will work better than OEM?

i like the msd wires .have them on all my zr1s .they are a little long so you can trim to fit . only 540 ohms resistance

I second the MSD thing. That's what I've had on my LT5 for about ten years. MSD makes a custom fit set of Super Conductor wires and that's what I'd put on your engine.

I went with an OEM set from G.M. These were about $75.

I second the MSD thing. That's what I've had on my LT5 for about ten years. MSD makes a custom fit set of Super Conductor wires and that's what I'd put on your engine.

How are those in terms of radio performance - unwanted noise.

The MSD SuperConductors use a low-resistance/high-suppression wire. I've never run any objective tests of RFI from the MSD wires on my LT5, but the sound system works well on the AM band, where typically, if there is significant RFI, you will hear it.

Hi al.
I must replace my old wires, they still are the originals 19 years old.

Original OEM or high performance? What brand? nology? magnecor? accel? msd? :confused high performance wires really will work better than OEM?
There's no big performance difference between a new set of OE wires and the others. However, the OE wires supposedly degrade after a couple of years of heavy use. A good set of spiral core wires will last much longer. I like the Accel super stock. The price isn't too bad and they are available in black so you'd really have to be looking close to notice they aren't original.

The MSD SuperConductors use a low-resistance/high-suppression wire. I've never run any objective tests of RFI from the MSD wires on my LT5, but the sound system works well on the AM band, where typically, if there is significant RFI, you will hear it.

Thanks for the info.

I bought MSD, and I'm not too happy because as you told they are a little (too) long... they look poor as they are.
How you solved this problem?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom