Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! 92 c4 keeps stalling

Wood92

My 92 c4 starts and runs strong.........the first drive of the day. After it sits 2-3 hours and you try to take another drive it stalls out. I mean the whole engine shuts down at once, no sputter, no missing no nothing just shuts down. Sometimes it fires right back up and other times not.
Then the next day the same thing all over again
I have been towed more times than I can count. I have taken it to 2 different dealerships and still no resolution.
Anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I'm open to any and all help.
Thanks

My guess optispark if it's original. You really need to know what you don't have when it doesn't restart. You are losing :

Fuel - no fuel pressure - fuel pump or relay, fuel pressure regulator leaking would be a hard start but check for fuel presence in hose. If there is fuel then you need to replace it. but that probably not causing car to be towed. you might also notice fuel odor.

Spark - Check for spark at at least 2 wires with spark tester No spark ICM, coil, ECM

Fuel pulse - check for "noid" light to blink in fuel injector connectors. no blink with test light should be bright when contacting one side of connector pink wire most likely. no 12v check fuses. 12v and no blink optispark or ECM.

no spark no blink - optispark

Opti spark sends signals to pcm; interprets signals and set up fuel injection and sends signal to ICM for spark. PCM controlling ICM for start up is opposite of the way most distributor based systems operate.

Opti can set codes. Good Luck Fuel pressure gauge, Spark tester, and Noid light are available at most parts stores.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom