Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

92 lt1 a/t coupe trans swap 85k mi.

lbreen

Corvette
1984 coupe, 1992 coupe
I have to do trans work on a/t. Have new torque converter, already installed. found out 1st gear is worn. Driveable, but bad shift to second, on harder accel. How much cash and work to swap out to a 6 spd. I think I know I need flywheel, change pedals. console. linkage. Do I need to change dash, as well? I know a salvage guy in Streator,il.(Jason). He may be a good source for parts. might be too much work. Your thoughts, would be great. Thanks, lbreen

A4's do not have the same brackets for the clutch/brake pedals, as the M6's, you will have to build one yourself, change your center console, change your ECM's memcal to a M6.

There is one more thing and I cannot think of it, but you are better off selling your a4 and getting a m6.
Even if you buy a used m6, you would be smart to rebuild it and from learned, you cannot take the clutch/brake pedals bracket out of a donor car and put it into yours.
If you are good with welding and such then it is probably worth it.

Now I remember the other thing, it is either you need to get another one for a m6 or you have to adjust it differently for a m6(cant remember which).

Easy swap for mech minded person IF you have all the conversion parts
DigitalCorvettes.com - C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 and C6 Corvette Corvette headquarters!

Also the factory style dual mass flywheel is almost impossible to buy so you have to install a regular one meaning you have a "rocks in a can " noise at idle which some can't tolerate

That link does not help, because it does not deal w/MEMCAL, ASR and that the 91-96 manual pedal brackets were not put into the a4's.
Don't get me wrong, it is has great info.

Very good info! It will be enough to change the a/t. Fabricating pedal holders. changing ECM. Will just end up with a odd car that does not match the vin. Thank you, thank you!. Very thoughtful to receive these replies. Lbreen

That link does not help, because it does not deal w/MEMCAL, ASR

Most delete CAGS anyway so I don't see a memcal /ECM problem.Nothing else from the ECM interfaces with the ZF6
Worst case he puts a man tune on the ECM
What is different about the ASR on a man trans car? One less (no TV cable) cable to hook up;

the 91-96 manual pedal brackets were not put into the a4's..
That would be obvious .I did note " having all the conversion parts"

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom