Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93' Console Upper Trim Plate

rlvincent

I have a 93' anniversary, and I am contemplating replacing the Upper Trim Plate on the Console. This piece goes around the automatic shift selector, power seat control, drink holders, etc. Is it much of a job to replace this plate?

no, it's pretty easy.

my 90 should be the same as yours.

open center console, lift the corners of the carpet, you will see 2 screws
remove rubber inserts in the cup holder, one screw there.
set the parking brake.
shift to drive.
remove the armrest door.
you need to remove the shifter knob which has a set screw and a snap ring.

After you remove the snap ring from under the button on top of the shifter take a crescent wrench and adjust it so it will fit under the knob and not touch the lever. Take a small hammer and tap under the wrench to help move the knob off the shaft. Do not try to twist the knob since it is on a spline shaft.

I haven't had time to address the project yet, but is the set screw located on the shaft below the knob? This is the snap ring located on the button? I am thinking about refinishing the plate with Soft Touch Paint. This plate has had hard use, unlike the rest of the car. Most likely tossing of heavy car key ring etc.

No set screw

On my 93 I did not have a set screw just pry off the button and everything you need to remove is there. As I said the knob is seated on splines.

93' Upper Console Trim Plate

Today I removed the Trim Plate, stripped, and re-assembled the plate with no difficulty. Thank you very much!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom