Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'93 new seat covers!

R

RonHallam

Ok I need to replace the leather 40th annivesary Ruby Red seat covers in my '93. If I buy the right tools is this a pretty simple job for an average(mechanical) person to do himself?

Ok I need to replace the leather 40th annivesary Ruby Red seat covers in my '93. If I buy the right tools is this a pretty simple job for an average(mechanical) person to do himself?

An average mechanic can do this with a d@mn good set of instructions, the correct tools and some patience. This is a skill and for some -- an art form. Question. Have you ever taken the seats out? You know how little room there is for you to work within. Be careful with the electrical connectors-they can wear over 13 years and become brittle.
If you do decide to do this yourself, think on this--that replacement leather ain't cheap. Be very, very careful with the stretching and crimping. Do it in a warm environment cause the leather will be more pliable.
Also, if you've never had the seats out for whatever reason, you'll see that once the hard seat shell is removed from the seat, getting the 4 little seat loops hooked up again with the seat back brackets can be a time consuming pain.
Look at how the old leather is on the seats. Take pictures if you have to.
You can do it, But to tell you the truth, I gave up and just had an upholsterer do it. And then I bought nice seat covers from Iggee and put on the seats. And then put nice towels on the those covers!
Good Luck! :w

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom