Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 roof panel bumpers

Tommy L

Corvette
90 ZR-1 ,93 ZR-1
Does anyone know if 93 cars came with the rubber bumpers on the inside rear and side frames of the roof panels ?. My 90 Z has them on both panels and my 93 only has them on the solid panel.

I wonder if this is one of those things that they put on the cars until they ran out of them. My '93 (non ZR1) did not have the bumpers (solid top). My '96 does not either. My parents had a pair of '87 coupes that had the bumpers... I don't know if any of that info helps, but good luck in your search for info.

Well... I'm not sure if they were put on at the factory in 93 or not. My 90 has them on both panels and the 93 on only one. Did the last oner put them on or did the one panel get missed???. Not really a big deal, I know they are both the original panels for this car so its kinda weird.

'93 was just an odd-ball year for a bunch of things... for non ZR1 cars they had 2 different types of belts (2 sided ribbed and later had 1 sided ribbed) they had 2 kinds of automatic trannys, etc. it just seemed like a year of 'use the parts until they run out, then we will do it a new way'

I am sure the clear panels were put into cars at a different time than the solid panel on the factory line... so I can definitely see that there could be a difference there.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom