Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

93 Service Manual

DanC

Corvette
1993 Ruby Red Coupe
I'm looking for a factory service manual for my "new to me" 93.

I just saw one go on EBay for $82.

I just checked EBay again and there's another listed, however, the seller says:
"It is BOOK 2 of the pair. This is the most desirable one of the pair, because it is for driveability, emissions, and electrical diagnosis."

Can anyone tell me what BOOK 1 is?

I just spoke to a local guy and he says he has both for $105. Is this a good price? Should I just stop the "analysis paralyis" and buy it from the local guy?

All advice is appreciated.

I don't know about the sections. The Service Manual for my 90 is two books (Service Manual and then the electrical supplement).

Check at www.helminc.com to buy a new one if you want. They are $90.00 for the '93 Service Manual. Should be able to save a bit by getting a used one off of ebay.

Helm says: More than 3000 pages of repair instructions written by General Motors, this is the original manual. It contains Diagnostic Information and Procedures, Schematics and Routing Diagrams, Component Locator, Repair Instructions, Description and Operation, Specifications, and Special Tools and equipment. Service information on HVAC, Body & Accessories, Restraints, Steering, Suspension, Driveline/Axle, Brakes, Engine and Transmission/Transaxle.

and states under description:
Instructions And Procedures For Routine Repair Adjustment Maintenance Work Diagnosis/Testing And Removal/Installation Of Parts For Various Vehicle Systems.

tom...

Service manual

My '95 service manual book one includes Heating & A/C, Steering supension etc. (Alignment, power steering, tilt column,etc.), brakes, Engine (including cooling & radiator and cranking, ignition), Transmission (auto & manual), Electrical (lighting, Instrument panel, gages, ccm, wipers), Accessories (audio, cruise, SIR, PKE), and body service.
I strongly recommend having both manuals or Helm equivalent.

$82 sounds high.
Tom73 is right, you can buy them direct from the publisher (Helm) for that much.
Just keep an eye open on ebay they come up all the time

Service Manual

I have the 2 book service manual i bought for my 1994. bought it from Chevrolet when I bought my 94 new. I have a 2004 now and the books are like brand new. Make me an offer.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom