Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

'96 LT1 Coupe sells for $5,100....

Boeingdriver

Corvette
'96 LT4 Coupe, White/Red - '03 Z06 Black/Torch Red
.....the Saturday classified ad read this way:

'96 Corvette Coupe. Excellent condition. Been sitting up. Green with beige interior. Call XXX-XXX.

So I called at 9:30 on Saturday morning. The owner was a nice guy. Said that he'd had the car since new, his wife had been driving it for a couple of years as a daily driver and then they'd parked it in the garage where it had been for about 15 months without starting. He said that he expected the fuel system to be gummed up and that he had called the dealer who agreed that the whole engine would have to be serviced and tuned (naturally). The dealer quoted some outrageous figure for the work and so the owner sold the car...sight unseen...to the first person who called 30 minutes before me for, get ready, $5,100! And when the buyer came with the money, they jumped the battery and the engine started right up! In fact, they drove it briefly and other than some underinflated tires, it was fine.

So for $5,100 here's what the buyer got:

1996 Coupe, LT1, AT, Bose, 6 way power seats (both), 111k miles, original adult owner, totally stock, no mods, original paint, front bumper skinned on r-front corner but otherwise perfect body with no repairs, everything works, no headlight problems, tires in "who cares" condition.

I didn't ask about opti or other details, the car was gone. But wow, what a steal. Even if the interior was trashed....and how bad could it be if his wife was driving it alone most of the time? $2,200 to Mike at MidAmerica would have a new interior in there....tires GS/D3 F-1s $900....misc. $1,000 for fluids, trans. service, filters, etc. You'd have a fantastic daily driver with years of life left in it.

I'm going to see if I can get the new owner's contact information in case the car quit on him this week and he wants to get out of it. Yeah, that's it. I'll give him an extra $100 for his trouble and tell him those Corvettes'll get him in trouble anyway. The best thing to do would be to sell it to me right away.

Dang! Somebody got an out right steal on that one.

wow!!!!!!!!!!

And to think, I just paid 11.5K for my new 96 LT1 a week ago.

Jake

'96 Coupe....

wow!!!!!!!!!!

And to think, I just paid 11.5K for my new 96 LT1 a week ago.

Jake

Well, that's a good price for a '96 in reasonable condition. I never saw the car here, I only spoke to the seller 30 minutes after the car was driven away. I've been meaning to call him back and try to get the new owner's phone number. You never know, he might have decided it was too small for his family, or made too much noise or something. I'll buy it in a second if it's for sale.

Well, that's a good price for a '96 in reasonable condition. I never saw the car here, I only spoke to the seller 30 minutes after the car was driven away. I've been meaning to call him back and try to get the new owner's phone number. You never know, he might have decided it was too small for his family, or made too much noise or something. I'll buy it in a second if it's for sale.

If both you and the new owner start smoking crack together and the car goes back on the market, I'll even throw in a 10% finder's fee for you! I payed 13k for my 92 back when it had 50k miles and was all original. Guy I bought it from worked at a dealership and got a promotion that included a demo car. (wonder which one he picked):cool

I bought my 95 with 78000 miles on it just before Christmas for $10,500 so whoever got that one got a great buy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom