Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

96 LT1 ROADSTER TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

tartan96

Corvette
1996 LT1 Black Roadster
Hi Folks and Greetings from Sunny Scotland :cool

My baby has developed a transmission problem - she won't manually downshift with the selector but the auto box seems to work fine otherwise.

I'm worried that this may be the sign of an impending (not to mention expensive)disaster ????

Anyone got any bright ideas ???

Also, I'm desperate to get hold of a set of C6 motorsport black/machined face alloys for the beast (18 x 8.5 front/19 x 10 rears if they'll fit ??? - what tire sizes should I be looking at ?)

Has anyone any experience of these or know where I can find someone willing to supply and ship to the UK ?

Keep the Faith and may your God go with you !
all the best !!

Hi Folks and Greetings from Sunny Scotland :cool

My baby has developed a transmission problem - she won't manually downshift with the selector but the auto box seems to work fine otherwise.

I'm worried that this may be the sign of an impending (not to mention expensive)disaster ????

Anyone got any bright ideas ???

Also, I'm desperate to get hold of a set of C6 motorsport black/machined face alloys for the beast (18 x 8.5 front/19 x 10 rears if they'll fit ??? - what tire sizes should I be looking at ?)

Has anyone any experience of these or know where I can find someone willing to supply and ship to the UK ?

Keep the Faith and may your God go with you !
all the best !!
Tartan:

May I recommend that you start by changing your baby's transmission fluid and filter before taking her to a transmission shop. If you had your fluid pumped clean previously, you've done yourself a disservice. The filter is critical and in the event that the fluid was pumped out but the filter was not changed - the filter becomes brittle and begins to come apart. This should be done at a minimum between 35 and 40,000 miles - 50 to 65,000 km. This is a chore you may be able to do yourself. If not, I'm sure there's a transmission shop that do the job for you. I've been charged about $50 USD to have it done on my 93 roadster.....it has an "x" brace that needs to be dropped before the pan can be removed. This will tell you a major story once the pan is off and you can inspect any residue in the pan and the filter.

Good luck.

Sorry - can't help with the rims and tires.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom