Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

a & A exhaust mod

J

jdanehy1

I found on the A&A web site a mod for the stock muffler. It looks like they bypass two of the four pipes leading into the muffler. . . running two directly to two of the exhaust pipes:cool . I have to assume that you get a somewhat louder level of noise. I really do like the stock mufflers. I just wish they had a little bit more aggressive note . . . not much but some. I wonder if anyone has ever heard the A&A product installed. OR if not actually heard any opinion about the set up.

I had a '97 A4 coupe. I saw what that (or similar) kit contained and thought that it was expensive. I went to my local muffler shop and had them weld in a piece like that on each side. It cost $50-$60. The muffler guy said that it would make no difference in performance, but it would make it a little louder. That is just what happened. I liked the sound better. It was a cheap thing to do.

Being a newbie Vette owner, I had this mod installed since it looked relatively simple and might give me a little better sound than the stock system. It did exactly what they claim, and, seems to me, removed what I thought were unpleasant harmonics when cruising in the 70mph range.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom