Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A/C Controls Question

• Thread starter Thread starter YESZREE
  • Start date Start date
Y

YESZREE

Hope you guys can help. I'm having an issue with my a/c controls. There are some weird things amiss.
1. The outdoor temp display stays on 50 deg. all the time.
2. The led which indicates which button you have pressed flashes when I first start the car and then it settles down and stops, and then will start again and then stop. It's like it has a mind of it's own.
3. It seems that the compressor always runs when I turn the a/c or the heat on, or the fresh air vent is activated.
4. As a result of the compressor running at all times the coil freezes up at low fan speed.

Seems like there is a lot wrong at the same time any suggestions?;help

YESZREE said:
Hope you guys can help. I'm having an issue with my a/c controls. There are some weird things amiss.
1. The outdoor temp display stays on 50 deg. all the time.
2. The led which indicates which button you have pressed flashes when I first start the car and then it settles down and stops, and then will start again and then stop. It's like it has a mind of it's own.
3. It seems that the compressor always runs when I turn the a/c or the heat on, or the fresh air vent is activated.
4. As a result of the compressor running at all times the coil freezes up at low fan speed.

Seems like there is a lot wrong at the same time any suggestions?;help

Never mind, I've answered my own question. I purchased the GM tech repair manual and read that the outside ambient air temp sensor is bad. This causes all kinds of errant program problems.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom