Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: A/C Problem

Chuck Shaffer

Corvette
1999 Silver Coupe w/ removable targa top
Has anyone had a problem with A/C blowing cold on passenger side and warm on center & driver side?

Chuck, I'm pretty sure this is a common ailment. And IIRC, it has to do with the controller face. Seems there was an easy fix, but I'll have to do some checking.

Here are a couple links to check out and a way to reset the actuators. I hope this helps, if it doesn't fix it, at least it was worth a try. :thumb

01 C5 Blowing Hot Air On Driver's Side and Cold Air On Passenger Side

HELP! My 97 blowing hot and cold at once!

Here is a post I found
[h=2]
clear.gif
Thank God for this forum[/h]
I replaced my battery last Sunday and right after my ac would blow cold thru the passenger vents and hot air thru the drivers vents. I followed this procedure and now I have cold air out of all vents. Thanks for the help every one.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
Allow me to post a correction in the fix for recalibrating the HVAC. What the OP posted as the fix is slightly off, although it worked for him. The correct procedure is:

Re-Calibrating Actuators

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:

1. Turn OFF the ignition.

2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module (fuse 27, located in the passenger's side floorboard by the BCM).

3. Wait 60 seconds.

Important
The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

4. Install the fuse.

There is no need to disconnect the battery whatsoever.

Here are a couple links to check out and a way to reset the actuators. I hope this helps, if it doesn't fix it, at least it was worth a try. :thumb

01 C5 Blowing Hot Air On Driver's Side and Cold Air On Passenger Side

HELP! My 97 blowing hot and cold at once!

Here is a post I found
clear.gif
Thank God for this forum

I replaced my battery last Sunday and right after my ac would blow cold thru the passenger vents and hot air thru the drivers vents. I followed this procedure and now I have cold air out of all vents. Thanks for the help every one.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Junkman2008
Allow me to post a correction in the fix for recalibrating the HVAC. What the OP posted as the fix is slightly off, although it worked for him. The correct procedure is:

Re-Calibrating Actuators

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:

1. Turn OFF the ignition.

2. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module (fuse 27, located in the passenger's side floorboard by the BCM).

3. Wait 60 seconds.

Important
The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

4. Install the fuse.

There is no need to disconnect the battery whatsoever.

Thanks. I followed the instructions and now A/C is working fine!!

Glad I could help! :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom