Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A day of projects (Flowmaster and bushing related)

Edmond

Corvette
2003 Z06
So I'm finally getting around to replacing the broken bolt that goes into this:
bushingbracket.jpg

The bolt was broken off and I had to drop the muffler to get to it. I figured that I would drop both mufflers and repaint them since they're starting to flake. Here are both sides of the Flowmasters:

flowmaster1.jpg

and

flowmaster2.jpg

First, I took the mufflers off and sanded the excess paint off them. Then I repainted them with high heat paint from Home Depot and now they look like:

flowmaster3.jpg

And this is me waiting for the paint to dry:

waiting.jpg

That is my Martin D-28 acoustic guitar "Rosa." It was pretty warm today, in the low 80's and sitting outside wasn't very fun. But Rosa and I got some sunshine.

And these are my 3 cars:

3cars.jpg

There's a 83' Z28 and a 94' Camry, which is my daily driver. And it'll probably stay that way as long as these gas prices are like this.

I have to say that I'm going to get rid of the Flowmasters at the end of this year. I'm going with a total stainless steel system. I'm guessing that there is internal rust in the mufflers because I can hear something in there. I only paid $350 for the set of mufflers and the rear y-pipe and it's been two years so I'm not complaining. Borla Stingers here I come! :_rock

Ken said:
"Watching paint dry" - Sounds exciting! :L

Ken, it actually dried pretty quick and there was little down time. I guess it helped that it was so warm outside yesterday.

Well, you couldn't have had cooler chairs to sit in while you watched it dry. :cool

Ken said:
Well, you couldn't have had cooler chairs to sit in while you watched it dry. :cool

Ken, the guitar had the cool chair. I had to sit in the generic black chair!:L:L:L

What a difference. Fortunately, mine still look good.

86PACER said:
What a difference. Fortunately, mine still look good.

Yours should look good for much longer than mine did. You guys don't have to go through our terrible winters!

Yep. I am sure the nice California weather had something to do with it.:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom