Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Few Cosmetic Improvements

timfitz63

Corvette
'98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
I'd picked up a solid targa top some months back, and finally got around to getting it painted to match (as much as such a thing is possible with this color) Aztec Gold #15. Actually, it came out very well. The paint work was done by Wolbert's Auto Body and Repair in Crafton, PA; I highly recommend them to anyone in the area. They also did some buff work on the car to smooth over or remove some of the finish imperfections I inherited with the vehicle. Here are some shots of the car with the new top:

IMG_0981.jpg IMG_0986.jpg IMG_0987.jpg IMG_0995.jpg

I personally think the car looks better with the painted top than with the dark acrylic top. But now I can pick-n-choose, depending on my mood... :D

That's an interesting color, nice! You'll get props along the way. Enjoy! :beer

You have one nice looking C5 but then again I haven't seen many C5's that I don't like the looks of.

Me likey! Colour match looks very close in the pictures!!

-Mac

That's an interesting color, nice! You'll get props along the way. Enjoy! :beer

You have one nice looking C5 but then again I haven't seen many C5's that I don't like the looks of.

Thanks, guys! :thumb

Me likey! Colour match looks very close in the pictures!!

Yeah, considering the challenge before them, Wolbert's did a good job; they got the paint to match at least as good as Chevrolet did back in '98 with the rest of the car. The owner of another of the Aztec Gold vehicles, who I met last year at Corvettes at Carlisle, provided me with a copy of the original DuPont paint formula, which I passed on to Wolbert's. I think they were able to use that as a good starting point, then use the car itself to guide their tint corrections.

Pretty rare color.

Indeed! Only fifteen of them out there... And paint quality (color matching) was the reason Chevy discontinued the color after so few were produced. Most folks don't even notice the subtle variation from panel to panel, and admittedly it's more apparent under certain lighting conditions, particularly artificial (e.g., fluorescent) lighting. But the guys at Wolbert's have a very practiced eye; they picked up on it immediately upon seeing the car for the first time -- and in natural lighting.

Looks really good!

Your car looks great! I have always liked gold Corvettes....I have had a Saddle Tan 63 and a 71 War Bonnet Yellow and also a Metallic Yellow 73......all fairly rare I think.....but not as rare as yours......:thumb

Looks really good!

Your car looks great...!

Thanks, guys! :thumb

... I have always liked gold Corvettes....I have had a Saddle Tan 63 and a 71 War Bonnet Yellow and also a Metallic Yellow 73......all fairly rare I think.....but not as rare as yours......:thumb

Looks like we have similar taste in colors, given my C5's are Aztec Gold and Millennium Yellow. I've been leisurely looking for a '63 SWC for a while now, and Saddle Tan is probably the color at the top of my list for that one as well. I think a SWC in Saddle Tan would make a good companion piece for the '98 Aztec Gold, although the colors are not exactly the same.

Speaking of good companion pieces for sports cars, how about a "cars-n-guitars" entry:

attachment.php

A Chevy C5 and a Taylor T5, both finished in Aztec Gold -- from the factory. :D

It looks like they did a really good job on the paint match.

Yeah, they really did. Anyone attending Corvettes at Carlisle this year should stop by, say "Hi," and check it out!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom