Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A few pics of my 60 project

vette

Corvette
1966 coupe
81f36345.jpg
60vette010.jpg
coming along slow but sure. Heres where I am right now .eng comp. almost done and still need to restore the speedo. But this is the way it will look.Brian G

Brian G,

That looks great! What type of trans and rear end are you using?

Post lots of pics as your project progresses. We all love to share in your excitement here.
Love those early vettes:cool

IH2LOSE said:
Engine bay and cluster looks great,Have you picked an exsteriour color yet
Yea. Larry the color is going to be 59 vette frost blue with matching int. Conv. top will also be the optional blue for that year. If you have seen pictures of the 58 Paragon did named Rex.( Or maybe Corvette Central.) Those are the colors. The int was done by Al Knock. He also did the wise guy seats for me with the correct color and patten. He now sells the wise guy seats with the mods done to fit around the top brackets and in any design you want. 1200.00 comp. inc. the cost of the seats. I can sell the stock seats for that much and now have the nicer wise guy setup. Sorry I don't take many pics. but I'll try to take more so I can post progress. Just finished installing the AC lines and heater hoses today. AS for drivetrain. It is a stock 92 LT1 with a 700R trans. I left the 308s in the rear so it can criuse along like a stock C4. As many of you know it has an SRIII chassis. I have go fast cars to play with. I just want this to be a car I can just drive in comfort and as far as I want.

vette said:
Yea. Larry the color is going to be 59 vette frost blue with matching int. Conv. top will also be the optional blue for that year. If you have seen pictures of the 58 Paragon did named Rex.( Or maybe Corvette Central.) Those are the colors. The int was done by Al Knock. He also did the wise guy seats for me with the correct color and patten. He now sells the wise guy seats with the mods done to fit around the top brackets and in any design you want. 1200.00 comp. inc. the cost of the seats. I can sell the stock seats for that much and now have the nicer wise guy setup. Sorry I don't take many pics. but I'll try to take more so I can post progress. Just finished installing the AC lines and heater hoses today. AS for drivetrain. It is a stock 92 LT1 with a 700R trans. I left the 308s in the rear so it can criuse along like a stock C4. As many of you know it has an SRIII chassis. I have go fast cars to play with. I just want this to be a car I can just drive in comfort and as far as I want.
Al Knoch covered your wise guy seats? can you post a few photos of them....I have the wise guy seats uncovered and not sure what I wnat to do there yet either....but would like to see yours and also how he notched them in the back to get around the convertible brackets.....

thanks, Herb

firstgear said:
Al Knoch covered your wise guy seats? can you post a few photos of them....I have the wise guy seats uncovered and not sure what I wnat to do there yet either....but would like to see yours and also how he notched them in the back to get around the convertible brackets.....

thanks, Herb
This past year in Carlisile I saw Al and he told me he was starting to sell the wise guy seats all done and ready to go. So I ordered the whole int. on the spot. Big bucks for the whole deal. But Al is the best. My seats are packed away right now so a pic.is not so easy. I do need to take them out soon to fit them in the car. You have to make new holes to mount them. When I do I will take some pics and post them for you.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom