Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

A Nice Writeup on a 1968 BB in this months Corvette Car/Parts Magazine

S

SwaveDave

6 page writeup. Nice pics, history, specs, performance, etc..

I think they made a mistake however, cause, they show the 427/390 hp. with 308 gears and M20 wide ratio gearbox....as having a top speed of 119 mph. I think it would do much more than that. My 1970 BB with 370 gears and M21 close ratio gearbox has tons left in it once i reach 100 mph.

Customer Service is 1-800-448-3611

Dave

Tom Bryant

Administrator
Corvette
1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
If my '67 427/390 with 3.36 gears was any indication 119 would be about right if someone left a shop towel in the carb when they put the air cleaner back on. According to the Tool Box Calculator it would be turning 4561 rpm with a 27" tall tire. Maybe it needs a good tune up.

Tom

72 Bluz

just curious

I'm trying to decide on a magazine to subscribe to and this is one of them. Does Corvette Car/Parts seem to have the most resto/repair type stuff for C3's?

Thanks,
72 Bluz :w

S

SwaveDave

IMHO, i would say its a toss up between Corvette Car/Parts Mag, and Vette Mag. Both have good articles. Im more into the mechanical articles than anything else. Both have columns where you can write in and ask a Resto question particular to your Car.

Regards, Dave.

Y

yooperod

My 64 with 3.55 gears pulls good to 120 mph (thats when I quit).
I'd hate to have bambi step out in front of me at that speed.
By the caculator if it could pull 6500 in top gear = 143 mph.
rod

A

Alwyn678

My 74 is a 350 l-82

SwaveDave said:
IMHO, i would say its a toss up between Corvette Car/Parts Mag, and Vette Mag. Both have good articles. Im more into the mechanical articles than anything else. Both have columns where you can write in and ask a Resto question particular to your Car.

Regards, Dave.

And I have had her to 135 before with more left....( just no more balls on my part)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom