Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Important! AC DELCO DRIVING ME NUTS SPARK PLUGS

c5 joe

Corvette
1998 light carmine
Hi all after beining told last week by ac delco to run 41-985 plugs i installed them now today they email me this
Thank you for writing ACDelco Mr. Domino.

We appreciate your response.

We apologize for the confusion.

You will have to use the Rapidfire Spark Plugs (#8 or #12) which ever one
is listed for your vehicle.

Do not use the 41-985 spark plugs.

For assistance in the future, please visit our website again.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco.
ACDelco Customer Assistance
what the heck is up do i need to pull these plugs now?;help;shrug:bash 1998 c5 corvette

Did they give you a reason? As you know from our previous conversations I did not like the 985's. Currently I'm running NGK T-55 and they are working great.

Did they give you a reason? As you know from our previous conversations I did not like the 985's. Currently I'm running NGK T-55 and they are working great.
Hi no they did not i just emailed them back i will have to see what they say i already installed them the 41-985 that is what they told me to use now they change there minds i wish i knew my back is still killing me from changeing the plugs what a pain:bash What problems did you have with them? They seem to run great the one and only time i ran my vette last night

HI there,
And what they are NOT telling you about the Rapidfires, is that the electrode protrusion into the cylinders IS DIFFERENT then the 41-985.
That changes your total time the flame kernel travels across the cylinders, which also changes desired ignition timing demands.
That is the BIGGEST problem with other plugs vs the 41-985. Its not the plugs do or do not wear out, its the changes to fuel burning that create the different timing.
Allthebest, c4c5

HI there,
And what they are NOT telling you about the Rapidfires, is that the electrode protrusion into the cylinders IS DIFFERENT then the 41-985.
That changes your total time the flame kernel travels across the cylinders, which also changes desired ignition timing demands.
That is the BIGGEST problem with other plugs vs the 41-985. Its not the plugs do or do not wear out, its the changes to fuel burning that create the different timing.
Allthebest, c4c5
Thanks again c4c5 glad i listened to you,Here is what they just emailed me(Thank you for writing ACDelco Mr. Domino.

We appreciate your response.

If you have the 41-985 spark plugs, you can use them in your Corvette.

If you have further questions or concerns regarding the spark plugs for
your vehicle, please call 1-800-ACDelco. Representatives are available
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.

We apologize again for the confusion and we have escalated your concerns.

Thank you for your interest in ACDelco.
ACDelco Customer Assistanceed)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom